USPHS Medical Evaluation for Fitness for Dity

CLW

Registered Member
Dear Mr. Perry,

I am An Officer in the USPHS with 16 years of service. My docs have recommended I be evaluated by the Medical Evaluation Board for fitness of duty. I am in agreement with the recommendation as I am no longer able to keep pace with my current position and competitive requirements of my service. I have anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder, and ADHD Inattentive type. In addition I have mood instability that may actually be a new undiagnosed condition. My cognitive impairments make focus and follow through difficult. I am concerned about the process with USPHS, and am uncertain of my rights. Would it be best to secure legal counsel at the outset rather than wait until a potential unacceptable outcome occurs? Please advise. I want to be proactive as my retirement and benefits are at stake.

Thank you for your time.

LCDR Greg

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I saw your post while looking through the forum. I just went through the PHS process and I am available if you have any questions. I posted under USPHS in the service specific forum if you want to see my experience. My post is titled Bilat total knee replacement. Good luck!!

CLW

Registered Member
Hi LCDR Greg! I will reach out next week. This is a confusing process. Many thanks.

Take care

CLW

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I always recommend a legal consult. Too many people don't understand the process and that leads to poor decision making. To contact Jason Perry in his legal capacity go to www.peblawyer.com

Ocean

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I agree with Chaplain Charlie...better to know up front what is coming your way and a knowledgeable attny aware of the process can save you a lot of headaches, and unnecessary suffering..be selective on Attnys..Jason is a good poc, if he cannot take your case he may know of other reputable attnys who can...

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">