USPHS Medical Evaluation for Fitness for Dity

CLW

Registered Member
Dear Mr. Perry,

I am An Officer in the USPHS with 16 years of service. My docs have recommended I be evaluated by the Medical Evaluation Board for fitness of duty. I am in agreement with the recommendation as I am no longer able to keep pace with my current position and competitive requirements of my service. I have anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder, and ADHD Inattentive type. In addition I have mood instability that may actually be a new undiagnosed condition. My cognitive impairments make focus and follow through difficult. I am concerned about the process with USPHS, and am uncertain of my rights. Would it be best to secure legal counsel at the outset rather than wait until a potential unacceptable outcome occurs? Please advise. I want to be proactive as my retirement and benefits are at stake.

Thank you for your time.

I saw your post while looking through the forum. I just went through the PHS process and I am available if you have any questions. I posted under USPHS in the service specific forum if you want to see my experience. My post is titled Bilat total knee replacement. Good luck!!

Hi LCDR Greg! I will reach out next week. This is a confusing process. Many thanks.

Take care

CLW

I always recommend a legal consult. Too many people don't understand the process and that leads to poor decision making. To contact Jason Perry in his legal capacity go to www.peblawyer.com

You are welcome.

I agree with Chaplain Charlie...better to know up front what is coming your way and a knowledgeable attny aware of the process can save you a lot of headaches, and unnecessary suffering..be selective on Attnys..Jason is a good poc, if he cannot take your case he may know of other reputable attnys who can...