VA asking for proof of severance payment- yet to be paid

Dw262

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good day,

I am sorry to keep asking questions but appreciate the help I receive here.

I was meb'd 27 September.

My disability claim is sitting at preparation for notification but checked ebenefits and a new claim appeared for proof of severance pay. I have attached what they have requested from that.

However, I cannot even upload anything as no one (VA/USAF) has paid me anything whatsoever since I have separated.

My question is this: Will I not receive my disability pay until I get my severance? Is the VA going to hold my pay until the military pay side gets it together?

This is just insane to me, I'm glad I have savings but the fact they leave you with no way of tracking your pay is just insanity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191017-070853_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191017-070853_Samsung Internet.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 9
You will not need to provide proof. The VA will coordinate with DFAS electronically and then select the appropriate recoupement amount (0/10/20) once DFAS has paid you. This claim is in the que and will get worked by the VA at the appropriate time. You will get your compensation payment from the VA, they will not withhold it from you.

If you were released from active duty on the 27th, your first day of VA eligibility is 01 October, payable on 01 November. You will probably see the first payment from VA 01 November or soon thereafter. As far as severance from DFAS is concerned, they do an audit of your account for any outstanding federal debt/claims prior to paying severance. Can take anywhere from several days/months. In the interim, apply for unemployment with your state.

Did you give the VA a copy of your DD214? If you have dependents did you complete form 21-656c?