VA Back log

Banks5405

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good morning,

Does anyone know if the VA is back logged with returning ratings? My case has been with them since Jan. I know that patience is needed, but this is becoming frustrating.

I have heard rumor that they are backed up. The IDES Dashboard (Army) went from an average of 25 days to 46 days between Jan and now. I am at 53 days now myself.

I submitted my claim in August. I did my C&P exam the end of February and got a decision last week. Per Vets.gov website my estimated completion date was May 2019, then went to July after my C&P exam. Two weeks later it moved to September and then last week moved to November. Ebenefits shows my updated rating but Vets.gov still shows evidence gathering phase with November completion date. I had quite a few conditions I filed increases on or new claims so I hope that helps. Stick with it.

I was found unfit on January 25th and I'm currently 61 days into waiting for ratings. My MSC said that the DRAS is going through an update and that he has no estimate of a timeline. He said their are people at the 80+ day mark. I'm dying of anxiety waiting for these damn proposed ratings.

Where are you all located east west coast Virginia, NC etc just trying to pin point what regional va may be backlogged if any. It does seem like a lot of people are stuck at VA ratings stage.

Where are you all located east west coast Virginia, NC etc just trying to pin point what regional va may be backlogged if any. It does seem like a lot of people are stuck at VA ratings stage.
Myself and another person I know who’s waiting an obnoxious amount of time are located on Fort Sam Houston Texas

ok wow if you go to va.gov or just google va backlog or va monthly report you can see how backed up they are. It doesn't really help the wait but give you an idea.

hyperlink below

I am at Fort Bragg, NC

IDES Dashboard (Army) went from an average of 25 days to 46 days betw

Currently at Fort Gordon, GA. I am currently at 63 Days in the VA Ratings phase.

I'm at 15 days (since 20 Mar) waiting for the VA ratings. I guess I better get comfortable and enjoy the Spring NC weather...

Yea this is the long wait seems they are averaging 2-3 months east coast. Makes it hard to plan but whats new.

What is everyone doing during this time? Is it work as usual minus what your profile prohibits or are people participating in any of the transition training/ classes/ certifications/ internships?

What is everyone doing during this time? Is it work as usual minus what your profile prohibits or are people participating in any of the transition training/ classes/ certifications/ internships?
Combination of these things currently.

I did receive an email from my PEBLO on Thursday confirming this. They sent an email out to all SM awaiting ratings. VA is understaffed, ratings taking exceptionally long, go ahead and take leave if you want to.

Essentially the takeaway was, don't hold your breath it is going to be a minute

I called the PEB this morning and was told that the PEB is having system issue and they cant view claims that have been submitted. They have not timeline of when a fix will be issued but the gentleman at the PEB did say hell give me a call. Not sure if this shines some light on the process but hope it helps.

I did receive an email from my PEBLO on Thursday confirming this. They sent an email out to all SM awaiting ratings. VA is understaffed, ratings taking exceptionally long, go ahead and take leave if you want to.

Essentially the takeaway was, don't hold your breath it is going to be a minute

Your local PEBLO emailed those waiting for ratings or the VA? Just asking because I haven't received anything. And although the status on ebenefits really doesn't mean much of anything, I noticed that Friday it changed to Pending Decision Approval. Probably just toying with my emotions!

Your local PEBLO emailed those waiting for ratings or the VA? Just asking because I haven't received anything. And although the status on ebenefits really doesn't mean much of anything, I noticed that Friday it changed to Pending Decision Approval. Probably just toying with my emotions!
She emailed the soldiers, not the VA. It was more a courtesy thing I think, as people had probably been bugging her about where their ratings are

I'm at 28 days today waiting on VA ratings, I'm hoping for 45 days or less- we'll see. In the meantime, I'm clearing CIF next week. For you non Army peeps, CIF if where we get all our great and wonderful gear. No more moving all of that stuff across the country (there are better words to use but I'll refrain).

Yes you can clear CIF early/ without orders.

1. Be pending separation/ found unfit from PEB
2. Assumption of Command Orders (from your CDR)
3. Memo from CDR. Memo states early CIF is authorized due to IDES Transition etc.

Call CIF after you have the documents and schedule an appointment, they will need copies of the CDR order/ memo. Hope this helps.