VA Benifits

Schnoodle

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good morning quick question for you all, today I checked my VA benefits site and it said "decision notification sent" under historical claims but then if you look under disabilities it says gathering evidence. I'm 21 days past my expected date for ratings. Anyone have experience with this before?

Good morning quick question for you all, today I checked my VA benefits site and it said "decision notification sent" under historical claims but then if you look under disabilities it says gathering evidence. I'm 21 days past my expected date for ratings. Anyone have experience with this before?
The same thing happened to me today. My original claim since MEBing went back to gathering evidence, yet a new claim based off my original one went historical.

So I posted in your thread Bigsink, but once your claim for your injuries goes historical it means they are complete and sent back to PEB for them to do your 199. Your VA MSC can most likely pull your ratings for you while you wait. If they can't then after 10 days of claim closing you can call the VA and ask them to fax to you. Also a new claim will show because once you get your DD214 then you HAVE to give to VA for them to close your claim and start your benefits.

This is standard procedure. One claim is for DoD the second claim is for you to get paid.