VA C&P Hearing Test

I never asked if he is military or not. From what I have found out is that he is probably military since he works at Walter Reed. That does not rule out the chance that he may be civilian also. Any point, I have only heard good things about him and he has a very good which I have met already. Im not really sure Tricare would refer me out anyway.

Thanks for the input!

So I all my exams are in and apparently this guy wasnt trying to screw me even though he shouldnt have pushed like he did. I have a friend who is a rater in another region who looked up my exams and sent them to his boss who has the ability to overturn ratings etc. She rated all my conditions and threw out as many as she could, so for example if it was 30% but could be 40%, she simply threw it out just to see what the minimun she could get me. She told me the person who actually will rate my condition will not do that and ask for more clarification. Bottom line she could get me below 90% and in any case she said I should be 100 when my package is all done.

As for the doctor, he was a civilian and regardless should have just stopped at pain.

I never asked if he is military or not. From what I have found out is
Hope it's a cilivailian doctor not the military. I rather trust va, bc of they think they can't handle it you can just get referred.

that he is probably military since he works at Walter Reed. That does not rule out the chance that he may be civilian also. Any point, I have only heard good things about him and he has a very good which I have met already. Im not really sure Tricare would refer me out anyway.

Thanks for the input!
I would not push unless you are certain; but I have tinnitus and its often hard for me to tell if I am really hearing something or its just the standard ringing sounds. If you guess at gibberish and get it right, it won't be an accurate reflection of your hearing. Instead you've measured your ability at guessing.

Had my C&P hearing test this morning. It wasn't a normal hearing test. No pushing buttons, just saying yes if I heard a tone. My hearing loss that I was diagnosed back in Mar '13 was for high pitch in right ear. This time he said my hearing was fine even though I definitely heard a lot more tones in the left ear. I thought they had to use some sort of standard. I'm highly concerned that it wasn't conducted properly. Anyone know more or if I should address it with the PEBLO? I scheduled another hearing test with a private company for this afternoon.

Also should note that I'm being MEB for meniere's. Not sure if the hearing really matters as much for meniere's.

Had my C&P hearing test this morning. It wasn't a normal hearing test. No pushing buttons, just saying yes if I heard a tone. My hearing loss that I was diagnosed back in Mar '13 was for high pitch in right ear. This time he said my hearing was fine even though I definitely heard a lot more tones in the left ear. I thought they had to use some sort of standard. I'm highly concerned that it wasn't conducted properly. Anyone know more or if I should address it with the PEBLO? I scheduled another hearing test with a private company for this afternoon.

I personally know that my hearing is shit, I've worked on jets for 18 years, and I have to listen to the endless bitching from my wife about her having to repeat herself as well as turning the TV up way past others comfort level. That being said when I was evaluated they said I was borderline, what that means I'll find out when my ratings come back, the important thing I think is that it was evaluated and if it continues to go down hill you have it in your records and can come back later. I'm assuming the only time you'll get rated is if you wear a hearing aid, at least that's the impression I got.

I personally know that my hearing is shit, I've worked on jets for 18 years, and I have to listen to the endless bitching from my wife about her having to repeat herself as well as turning the TV up way past others comfort level. That being said when I was evaluated they said I was borderline, what that means I'll find out when my ratings come back, the important thing I think is that it was evaluated and if it continues to go down hill you have it in your records and can come back later. I'm assuming the only time you'll get rated is if you wear a hearing aid, at least that's the impression I got.
Ok, thanks for responding. He also said mine was borderline. Wish he would have given me the chart that shows where my hearing is. Guess the VA doesn't do that, unfortunately.

I'm just concerned because the Meniere's rating includes "hearing impairment." The VA rep doing the test mentioned that he didn't like the test because it's geared towards Vets getting compensation. A couple of things 1. I've never had a hearing test where I didn't push a button and I've had quite a few and 2. I could tell I wasn't hearing as much with my right ear and he comes back and says my hearing is fine and within normal limits. The whole thing didn't seem right. I guess I'll see what my other hearing test shows this afternoon.

Well, back from the other test. This one was almost identical from the one a year ago with a little worsening this time. Not sure what the deal was with the VA but I'm going make sure my PEBLO and the VA rep have this test result. Also going to mention that I don't think the VA exam was conducted properly.

I had all the same test also when I was going through the MEB. Luckily my PCM referred me to audiology where they conducted more test then decided to do an MRI. To my surprise a tumor was found that was effecting my hearing and had to be removed. I now have Single Sided Deafness (SSD) in that ear. My point is if you think you need other test make sure you ask them to do because your hearing effects your daily life style and needs to be addressed.

Good luck !