VA CASE

joeusmc93

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hopefully someone can help me, Im currently in the medboard and in the VA website it says case close, i got my C&P exam done last month? does that mean i been found unfit?

The VA website may be unreliable so it would be better to contact your PEBLO.

Hopefully someone can help me, Im currently in the medboard and in the VA website it says case close, i got my C&P exam done last month? does that mean i been found unfit?
The VA is not the one that will find you unfit. The MEB Medical Evaluation Board evaluate you medical packet NARSUM thereafter, sending it to the PEB (Physical Evaluation Board) they will notify you with a 199 with your MILITARY fit level

When you see a case closed on the VA and another case opened, then you know you have been found unfit. The first case is used to gather data to support your service in determining percentages, should you be found unfit by your service. The second case is opened to pay you once your submit a DD214 or DD215 or equivalent document.

The VA is not the one that will find you unfit. The MEB Medical Evaluation Board evaluate you medical packet NARSUM thereafter, sending it to the PEB (Physical Evaluation Board) they will notify you with a 199 with your MILITARY fit level
How long does it take from the moment the packet to the MED is sent, to the moment you are found unfit? also will you get notify by email or your peblo or online thru military website such as MOL

When you see a case closed on the VA and another case opened, then you know you have been found unfit. The first case is used to gather data to support your service in determining percentages, should you be found unfit by your service. The second case is opened to pay you once your submit a DD214 or DD215 or equivalent document.
Currently i have one va case closed and the other one is open. i haven't started my medboard evaluation yet.

Currently i have one va case closed and the other one is open. i haven't started my medboard evaluation yet.
That is odd since you have not completed your exams.

Then I suspect you have been found unfit. I was confused wby "I haven't started my medboard evaluation yet."

Then I suspect you have been found unfit. I was confused wby "I haven't started my medboard evaluation yet."
Hopefully, my case hasn't been sent to the MED evaluation portion after the c&p exam, i just found it odd they would close my case in the va and say the ratings are done pending for letter to be sent to me

I suspect that your MEB is complete and you are in PEB phase.

I had the same thing happen On Friday they closed my case and said they sent a letter and also said I could check my percentages on the E-benefits website. The VA has decided your percentages, but you won't see them until after the IPEB has made a decision. Here is my PEBLO's reply to the same question:

" I checked with Mr. _____ at the VA with your question today, and the disability claim proposal won’t be complete or visible until the results have returned from the Informal Physical Evaluation Board. As an update, the case is in the MEB Stage as you reference the IDES 180-day timeline. The complete set of Compensation & Pension exams, performed according to your VA benefits claim is presently being reviewed and reconciled by MDG providers and included as a NARSUM Addendum for the Local Board. I don’t currently have a timeframe for the local board to be completed but I’ll contact you for a scheduled PEBLO briefing once the board has convened for your MEB. "

I had the same thing happen On Friday they closed my case and said they sent a letter and also said I could check my percentages on the E-benefits website. The VA has decided your percentages, but you won't see them until after the IPEB has made a decision. Here is my PEBLO's reply to the same question:

" I checked with Mr. _____ at the VA with your question today, and the disability claim proposal won’t be complete or visible until the results have returned from the Informal Physical Evaluation Board. As an update, the case is in the MEB Stage as you reference the IDES 180-day timeline. The complete set of Compensation & Pension exams, performed according to your VA benefits claim is presently being reviewed and reconciled by MDG providers and included as a NARSUM Addendum for the Local Board. I don’t currently have a timeframe for the local board to be completed but I’ll contact you for a scheduled PEBLO briefing once the board has convened for your MEB. "
Thanks a lot!! That helps a lot cause honestly i was so confused on it, like why would the va case be closed this early. Also have you gotten your letter yet?

Thanks a lot!! That helps a lot cause honestly i was so confused on it, like why would the va case be closed this early. Also have you gotten your letter yet?
No I haven't. If there's anything interesting on it when I do get it, I'll let ya know.

Joe,
I'm going to try my best help based on my current experience and understanding. Currently, the VA will do the ratings once your C&P exams are done. Their ratings will be sent to the PEB with your med board package. (It used to be that the VA would only rate IF the board found you unfit. It is much faster this way). The reason one case closes and another opens is because they completed your proposed ratings but must keep one open until you leave active duty. Once you are discharged, they can complete and close that one so you can start getting paid.

The letter they talk about being sent to you actually goes to your VA Rep/PEBLO since you are AD. I recently found out that when this happens, you can call the VA and they will email you the proposal immediately. I would wait 10 days until the case was closed before calling them. I did this last week and got my proposal. Now I'm just waiting for the PEB to send their decision back.

As for being under 20 years, you will only receive the disability compensation. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Hopefully you can help charlie with this question, If you are medically retired under the 20 year service, do you get both VA pay and retirement pay base of your rank, or do you have to choose one of the two?
I noticed you asked how long it takes for you to recieve and unfit from the PEB. I just got my unfit back today but no final ratings. My package was submitted September 14th and I received my unfit today, October 13th! Now just waiting on final ratings so I can sign my 199! I know it's a different timeline for everyone but I am one of three people that it took exactly a month for.

I noticed you asked how long it takes for you to recieve and unfit from the PEB. I just got my unfit back today but no final ratings. My package was submitted September 14th and I received my unfit today, October 13th! Now just waiting on final ratings so I can sign my 199! I know it's a different timeline for everyone but I am one of three people that it took exactly a month for.
What branch?