VA Claim development question.

Christian Alvarez

Registered Member
I Started my med board process June 1st 2020. Torn labrum in my hip. I’m now waiting on the VA to call me about claim development. My peblo said since the COVID situation, they are working from home and will contact me via phone. I haven’t heard from the VA about my claim development yet.
My question is, when should I hear from the VA about my claim in your opinion?

cs1234

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I Started my med board process June 1st 2020. Torn labrum in my hip. I’m now waiting on the VA to call me about claim development. My peblo said since the COVID situation, they are working from home and will contact me via phone. I haven’t heard from the VA about my claim development yet.
My question is, when should I hear from the VA about my claim in your opinion?

I was lucky enough to have that call scheduled a week after my initial meeting with my PEBLO (in person meeting). I would assume that depending on where you are in the states it may take a few weeks to a month. Usually the call and making the claims is one of the faster parts of this process, but with the excess backlog and complications from COVID it has slowed everything. You could call your PEBLO after a week or so and follow up if they didn't give you the direct information to the MSC.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">