Va claim done but confused.

mr.farmer

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So it only took them a month but my Va claim is done and according to ebenefits this is what it says from generating award letters....

Can anyone explain to me the difference between gross and net and why there is like a friggen 2 grand difference??
This coming Friday will be my first reteirment pay from the Army and thats only $1,708.80 so would
I get both until the VA corrects it for Novemeber or something?

Gross Benefit Amount $3,017.60
Net Amount Paid $1,309.60
Effective Date August 1, 2014
Combined Evaluation 100 percent

VA Benefit Information
Summary of benefit information
You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes
Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 100%
Your current monthly award amount is: $1309.6
The effective date of the last change to your current award was: August 01, 2014
You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities at this time because your case is scheduled for review on: January 01, 2015
You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities at this time because you are scheduled for a future reduction in rating on: January 01, 2015

moneyblind

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Unless your ratings are combat related or you retired in addition to the VA ratings, you are witnessing the OFFSET;

Meaning your total entitlement is 3,017.60 between BOTH the retirement AND VA; Unless part of it is combat related or you retired through the 20 year mark;

1309.6 + 1,708.80 = 3018.40

So it is correct unless you qualify for CRSC or CDRP (receiving both VA and retirement via combat related or traditional retirement)

mr.farmer

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks! Yeah its combat related. Finally got award letter. They sat my rating schedule at a later date for review. Hoping they don't take my 100. I'm 100 both dod an va. Took take that away would send me flipping.

waseem123

Registered Member
Can anyone explain to me the difference between gross and net and why there is like a friggen 2 grand difference??
This coming Friday will be my first reteirment pay from the Army and thats only $1,708.80 so would
I get both until the VA corrects it for Novemeber or something

_______
MUNEEB

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">