VA Claim status question

Rfaber

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Quick question, I just got a notification from VA and it shows that i have two claims .

The new claim states: What you’ve claimed:
PTSD (IDES Referred) (Increase), low back condition (New), Irritable bowel syndrome (RFE)

The old states: What you’ve claimed:
PTSD (IDES Referred) (Increase), Irritable bowel syndrome (Increase), low back condition (New)

What is the difference between old and new?

It changed after i was found unfit from PEB.

Thank You!

I believe the second one shows up when the VA receives the request for ratings from the IPEB. The first should remain open until you retire/separate and your ratings are finalized. The second should close once they've assigned ratings and sent them back to the PEB. I could be wrong but that is how it looks on mine and the second claim shows opened on the same date the PEB found me unfit.

I believe the second one shows up when the VA receives the request for ratings from the IPEB. The first should remain open until you retire/separate and your ratings are finalized. The second should close once they've assigned ratings and sent them back to the PEB. I could be wrong but that is how it looks on mine and the second claim shows opened on the same date the PEB found me unfit.
Makes sense! Thx for the words!

@Rfaber...how did you receive the notification from the VA? Via email? Where do you check the status...on va.gov? Just asking as I just got my unfit finding from the IPEB.

Has everyone that has been found unfit have this second claim open? I am asking because I called the VA last week and they said they received my form 356 on 04/10 and it said unfit. I called again yesterday as nothing has changed at all on VA.gov or ebenfits since March 29th. I was then told yesterday they are not working on my claim because they have not heard anything from the IPEB. This process seems like a mess and it looks like no one is really working on my ratings. My package was sent to IPEB on 04/03.

Makes sense! Thx for the words!
@Rfaber...how did you receive the notification from the VA? Via email? Where do you check the status...on va.gov? Just asking as I just got my unfit finding from the IPEB.
I saw it on VA.gov. I have just one claim now that's open and it's in the gather evidence/review stage. Was told by the VA MSC that it's in the rating stage.

Has everyone that has been found unfit have this second claim open? I am asking because I called the VA last week and they said they received my form 356 on 04/10 and it said unfit. I called again yesterday as nothing has changed at all on VA.gov or ebenfits since March 29th. I was then told yesterday they are not working on my claim because they have not heard anything from the IPEB. This process seems like a mess and it looks like no one is really working on my ratings. My package was sent to IPEB on 04/03.
ASK YOUR VA MSC OR PEBLO

I saw it on VA.gov. I have just one claim now that's open and it's in the gather evidence/review stage. Was told by the VA MSC that it's in the rating stage.

eBenefits is not a reliable indicator for status of claims any longer and is being phased out. You need to use vets.gov or the 1-800 number for tracking.