VA Claims

Keshia lynette

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am not sure if this is the right thread for this question. I am still in the inital phase of my MEB and I want to make sure that I am doing my homework. How does the claims process work with the VA? I went through my entire records and wrote down the problems I have encountered throughout my military career. Will the VA gives me a list of things to claim? Would it be possible to just claim the things that are on going or should I claim everything? Thanks for your help.

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You did the perfect thing already by writing everything that you’ve actually been diagnosed with while in the military. They’ll do exams , labs, and X-rays to corroborate your claims. They may find more issues that will need to be claimed. I complained of back pain. X-Ray revealed I had a fracture in my spinal column! So that’s another claim that the VA will make for me!

trini123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My VA representative did a scrub of my record and gave me potential claims and i added to it. Surprisingly however, i received a letter from the VA stating a condition was found during my C&P exams was not claimed by me and i could submit a claim for it. You can claim current conditions that are not in your record and everything that is in there already.

Keshia lynette

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thank you all for the reply's. Thank you for the clarification, i want to make sure I am not missing anything during this process. I will ask my VA Rep tomorrow about a list of my claims.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">