VA Decisions STILL PENDING...

klamsnacks

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Wow, so you'd think being retired and actually out 214 in hand moved into my new house (YET TO CLOSE MIND YOU) but have very generous homeowners. Continuing to struggle finding a job and yet to have my VA decisions closed, Supposedly all my stuff was done by 31 Jan 12 - and in May 5th my decision had been made and agreed by the SECAF all that jazz since I was determined disabled and have now since been retired on 29 Oct 12 and moved that all the stuff would be finished.

So, my situation now is this, through numerous calls to get my VA Loan approved, I've determined that I cant get a new Certificate of Eligibility until the VA completes my case. My CASE hasn't finished yet as I found through the subsequent calls, because I apparently either was never scheduled for or the location that still shows as having my records (COLUMBIA, SC VA Offices) never did the PTSD appointment. This is apparently manditory, and my case was audited because it wasn't completed. - SO I Requested, that this needs fixed ASAP - i'm NOT in South Carolina anymore and now in my state, I need to get this appointment scheduled and taken care of, whatever needs done, as I'm about to be homeless, as I will run out of all my savings, and bills will force it by the 31 of January this year. NOTHING they can do about it so they say....especially now with holidays coming up I'm guessing I will be able to get NOTHING achieved before the new year. I additionally have been denied SSDI again for the 2nd time and pushing my 30 day mark of 60 to respond. I have until the 31st on that as well. In the decision letter, it was discuss that my case had been stringintly looked at and reviewed all new evidence I provided (ON THE WEBSITE Mind you) and on the last page it showed since no new evidence was provided. The website gives you a section of about 200 characters to request WHY your decision should be reviewed or provide your evidence. I put in there that my Military and VA doctors examinations provided at the first SSDI interview I had with my local rep and had them scan / fax over was never used or looked at, and I met the Parts outlined in their own documents for determining muscoskeletal systems.

I digress, so tomorrow I am going to the Unemployment office, and go that route, and continue attempting to find a job that I can actually do, and see what happens!!

PS - I've also filed an ISIS inquiry on the website

-Scott

Yeah I figured mine was on track too...but there is no way I'm making the 3 month mark - coming up on the 2 month mark right now. I'm just getting deeper in debt and things are not looking good for me come February if I don't hear something by the new year or right after.

Yeah I figured mine was on track too...but there is no way I'm making the 3 month mark - coming up on the 2 month mark right now. I'm just getting deeper in debt and things are not looking good for me come February if I don't hear something by the new year or right after.

klam, I'm just a few days ahead of you on the ETS date... I'll let you know if they get mine done, they should be getting to mine soon... Last update on ebennies is that the packet was overdue starting on the 16th...

klam, I'm just a few days ahead of you on the ETS date... I'll let you know if they get mine done, they should be getting to mine soon... Last update on ebennies is that the packet was overdue starting on the 16th...
Yeah my last update on ebennies says new evidence requested 5 Dec 2011 -
Shows C&P Exams competed 13 Jan 2012 -
but then when I hover over the New Evidence requested it says initiated 3 Nov 2012 - That would have been when I called them first to let them know I had changed states and verified new address - Plus checked in on my status while I was there....No change your stuff shows completed and processing along like normal (that was the first phone call response I got on the 3rd of Nov) so I don't know what's going on now!

but then when I hover over the New Evidence requested it says initiated 3 Nov 2012 - That would have been when I called them first to let them know I had changed states and verified new address - Plus checked in on my status while I was there....No change your stuff shows completed and processing along like normal (that was the first phone call response I got on the 3rd of Nov) so I don't know what's going on now!

Dear klamsnacks:

It was discharged in mid-APR and rec'd my first VA pay in AUG.

If you have been denied 2x for SSDI, then you need to appeal like I had to as well.

I ended up getting an SSDI lawyer after the second denial as the third time you go before the SSDI Judge.

DO NOT let your claim expire! If you do win your claim, SSDI will have to retro pay you, so don't let your current claim expire.

Get a lawyer. They don't get paid unless you win - so no out-of-pocket expense or up-front expense anyway. And the SSDI lawyer is limited as to how much they can charge for their servces, too - so they cannot price gouge you either.

I used a local SSDI law firm - did NOT use a nationally advertised TV law firm. The local law firm lawyer knew all the SSDI court players from experience. She looked at all my medical evidence/psych evidence, created the documents necessary and IAW legal standards to the SSDI court and we slam-dunked and won our case in less than 45 minutes of court time.

I rec'd only my military retirement until the VA finalized their part. The VA then notified DFAS, and then DFAS sent me a letter ealling me the money breakdown and differences on who would be paying me what for the following month.

V/r,
nwlivewire

Thanks NWLivewire - yeah it's just a headache right now!

Needed some venting ...yet again!

mine said the same stupid crap, i wouldnt worry about that. keep an eye on your documents section, thats where your paperwork will show up first, thats how i knew my case was finishing up. i received the package in the mail shortly after that.

Thanks NWLivewire - yeah it's just a headache right now!

Needed some venting ...yet again!
If SSA can do a review give them a good reason for it. If you have to appeal to the AL Judge hire an SSDI attorney and let them handle it. Make them earn their money by taking the stress off of you.

Contact some of the military support groups for financial help to get you through until then.

Keep in mind if you apply for UI that could make your SSDI case harder. Many people have done it. Sometimes the AL Judges care and other times do not.

Thanks everyone - Yeah pittman - I was told that by someone else as well. I have NOT filed for UI yet through the VA.

Thanks everyone - Yeah pittman - I was told that by someone else as well. I have NOT filed for UI yet through the VA.
UI (unemployment insurance) and IU (individual unemployability).......two different programs. IU through the VA won't impact your SSDI case negatively.

If you have to appeal to the AL Judge hire an SSDI attorney and let them handle it. Make them earn their money by taking the stress off of you.

I agree 100%...I was denied the first time and went straight to a local SSDI attorney (that has an excellent reputation). They filed my appeal, and said that my case will most likely get denied a second time and go to the judge, although the attorney said that it will be an easy case for us to win. Ironically enough, the SSA denied me the first time because they said I was too young to be disabled. The attorney showed me the matrix that the SSA uses and, sure enough, there is an "age" block...if a person falls in certain age brackets, the case is automatically denied without even reviewing the medical documentation...typical government bs.:mad:
I have enough to deal with (and it sounds like you do as well Klam) to have the added bs stress that the SSA puts on us. Hire an attorney and let them fight it for you...their take is 25% of your back pay, up to a max of $6k and is regulated/capped by federal law. Since they don't get paid until/unless they win, they are selective about the cases they contract so, if they agree to fight your case, there is a good possibility they feel that they will be successful in your favor.