VA doctor letter for TDIU

infanteralph19

Registered Member
I was just denied TDIU for anxiety and depression that I am rated at 70%. The letter said that the c&p doctor did not say that I am not able to work but do have symptoms to continue my 70% rating. On my regular monthly appointment at the VA i told my phychiatrist that I had applied and got denied and she said with my records she didn't understand why, so she made me a formal letter saying I was unemployable even for sedentary work and the my condition was unlikely to improve. I just did a request to reopen my claim with that letter and a letter from my wife and ex co-worker. My question is how strong is that letter from my VA doctor for a TDIU approval.

oddpedestrian

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would opt into RAMP Supplemental lane add the evidence and go from there sometimes they want a vocational expert opinion Patrick Clifford does a lot of these for vets requesting TDIU but will run you a few hundred bucks. It doesn't matter what your records say to some raters they always want a C&P examiner to state you cannot work before approving the claim unless you really stack the evidence in your favor I recommend doing so.

infanteralph19

Registered Member
, I will put an update in case someone else is going through the same situation. I sent a request for reconsideration with the VA docs letter and 3 more from my wife, excoworker and ex employer. The VA started a new claim and gave me another C&P exam. The examiner told me not to worry he would support my claim for TDIU. I already saw the exam and he didn't put anything specific just "Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking and/or mood". Hopefully with that and the letter from VA doc stating unemployable and not likely to improve I will get TDIU p&t.

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thank you for your update. Please continue to update your thread. I'm due others are interested in your journey.

infanteralph19

Registered Member
Went yesterday from gathering of evidence to prep for decision. Getting closer to an answer and approval or an appeal will happen soon.

Keenley

Registered Member
Congrats infanteralph19! Can I ask some private stuff like age bracket and if you had just the one condition rated @ 70% before you won?

infanteralph19

Registered Member
Yes just one condition, 36 yo. Started claim using on 06/06/18. It took 3 month got denied cause c&p examiner did not state I could not work. I did a reconsideration request right away on 9/28/18 and had another c&p exam 11/15/18 got approved 11/30/18. I thought I had lost my retro pay from original claim cause the opened a new claim after I requested reconsideration but I just got it today and they paid from original claim date.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">