VA Down?

KusterTZ

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am waiting on the fit/unfit decision. It's been about 2 weeks since it was sent. PEBLO is telling me the VA is down the past couple of days, anyone have the same told to them?

KusterTZ

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
DoD does require information from the VA to make fit/unfit decisions. So maybe not.
I guess I'm just not understanding the process. I was told it would take 7 days to be determined fit or unfit. Its now been 14 and no one seems to have any answers as of this morning. My IDES dashboard updated and now has a date of 12/4/17 and check next to MEB. And the current step has moved to IPEB. Any help understanding would be appreciated. Thanks

chaplaincharlie

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The IPEB can not issue a decision without critical input from the VA. The VA rates all contentions. DoD uses the VA validated contentions and ratings to make an unfit/fit decision and if unfit a DoD rating based on the unfit condition(s) and the VA rating of those conditions found unfitting. The VA process is critical to the IPEB.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">