VA FINISHED WITH PRELIMANARY FINDINGS 30AUG12!!!

enjk1975

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi everyone, just learned this past Friday that the VA in Rhode Island sent the PEB my proposed ratings on Thursday, 30AUG12. How much longer can I expect to wait?
My PEB is in Washington and my case started in Great Lakes. I am SO nervous now! As if I wasn't nervous before. :( Hoping for the best. I appreciate everyone's support. I am at 4 months since my package was sent to the PEB. :confused: Never thought waiting could be so stressful!

How did you find out that they sent your ratings on Thursday? Did someone contact you and let you know?

I called the VA to request a status update. I hope I am getting good gouge.

I called the VA to request a status update. I hope I am getting good gouge.

What is your Ebenfits showing? Did they indicate that anything was received from the PEB in the "documents we have received" section? Just trying to gauge how well the system is being updated lately.

My case went to the PEB Aug 24. I don't have any word yet. My Ebenefits is showing Pending Decision Approval. I only know it's at the PEB because I called the VA as well. I'm AF in case that really does matter

Joelf, Seems like the VA has had my package since 15May12...and they just wrapped up last week.

USAFavaitor, I just check my ebenfits...and still no updates since the receipt of my package and their initial status of "in review". :\ Still shows nothing received as well. That's why I am nervous and hope I got some good gouge. I will keep you guys updated as soon as I learn new info.

Ashley, from what I know..sounds like your case is moving along a quicker timeline. Good luck with everything.

My package was received at IPEB on 5 July, and Ebenefits has been in Prep for Decesion Phase for about a month and a half now (not that I reallly trust that it is updated regularly). PEBLO says case is at PEB, VA rep has recommended a decision on ratings (prep for decision phase standard answer). Called MSC, left message. Had to set up appointment for callback from VA 1-800 line for Wednesday. Doesn't seem like much else I can do at this point...but it does seem that Ashley's case is moving pretty quickly. I have 4 referred conditions (a couple of which may be a bit complex and exact diagnoses aren't on the VASRD...which might be the reason it is taking a while), and about 10-13 claimed conditions for the VA. The Prep for Decision phase denotes that the VA rep has recommended a decision, so does this mean that the prelims are complete and the actual (legal) ratings come in the Pending Decision Approval phase when the recommended ratings are reviewed and approved? If so, I should be able to get my prelims now, correct?

USAFAviator, I think you are right. From everything I have heard on here, that means the prelimanary ratings are done. Now you just wait for these reults to trickle back down through the PEB and then on to your local service center. Good luck with it. Let me know what you hear on Wednesday. I have a call back scheduled for Thursday to try to see if they will fax me the prelimanary ratings. Will let you know what I hear as well. :)

I have a call back scheduled for today as well, hopefull the VA will give me a straight answer as to the date they sent my case to the PEB. Hey, maybe I'll get lucky and get my ratings faxed, but lets not hold our breath on that one lol. I believe my case is moving pretty quick compared to some. My case is definitly not a horror story.

This is really odd..... My E-Benifits page shows that my case was closed out and that results were sent out on Aug. 30, 2012. I just got off of the phone with a V.A. representative and he told me that my case was still in the final stages and that it would take about 29 days to finish up. I wonder if that's just a standard answer that the V.A. gives to people who call!

This is really odd..... My E-Benifits page shows that my case was closed out and that results were sent out on Aug. 30, 2012. I just got off of the phone with a V.A. representative and he told me that my case was still in the final stages and that it would take about 29 days to finish up. I wonder if that's just a standard answer that the V.A. gives to people who call!
I got told the same thing today. However, it's what I expected so that's okay. They definitely read from a script.