VA Home Loan

lila69

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm active duty Army still waiting on my ratings. I submitted a Statement of Service Verification to get my COE. Will the VA deny my home loan at closing if my ratings are not back yet? Can I still use my active duty pay toward my VA home loan or do I have to wait until I'm discharged.

I'm active duty Army still waiting on my ratings. I submitted a Statement of Service Verification to get my COE. Will the VA deny my home loan at closing if my ratings are not back yet? Can I still use my active duty pay toward my VA home loan or do I have to wait until I'm discharged.
You can use your VA home loan anytime. It doesn't matter whether you are active or a Veteran. Also you can print your COE on ebenefit. VA home loan has nothing to do with your ratings.

Agree with above post entirely. Enjoy your VA loan. Best wishes. Mike

as someone who just bought a house who may be going through this process soon, wait to get your ratings before buying a house. this is not a good situation to be in

What's the deal with the VA lending fee? I tried looking it up, and found that if you are 10% or better the VA loan fee is waved or maybe reduced? The first time I use my loan, the fee was 3% of the home value. Not sure on this, I will be using it again in the very near future. Thanks.

What's the deal with the VA lending fee? I tried looking it up, and found that if you are 10% or better the VA loan fee is waved or maybe reduced? The first time I use my loan, the fee was 3% of the home value. Not sure on this, I will be using it again in the very near future. Thanks.
yes it will state on your certificate of eligibility that the VA funding fee is waived

Thanks for the tip, folks.
I’ve talked to my Mortgage Broker Luton, who advised me the same thing. Actually, he helps me a lot. I think that a mortgage is a really good deal. I’m paying my mortgage next year, so everybody is welcome to celebrate it, folks. Managing your expenses and income is especially crucial today. If you can’t manage your money, it will manage your life. So, we must pay attention to our expenses and earnings. And savings, of course. Best wishes to you folks. Good luck.