VA Independent Medical Review submit to Medical

stevenveteran

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I paid for and received an independent medical exam for my VA claims and would like to know if I should submit this report to the MEB. I am currently in the Air Guard and service connected. NGB keeps sending my record back to the medical group. They say they want active duty orders or DD 214 showing I was on active duty. I have sent them the DD 214 and VA records several times through the Medical group personnel. I was injured on active duty while in another sister service. I have been in limbo since late 2016. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi Steven,
I went through the same stressful nightmare with the CA-ARNG. My State did not acknowldge the Medical & Personnel records I provided them at least 10 x until I had my Congressman submit directly to the State on my behalf.
In my case, I scanned, faxed, hand carried all my records and sent them via US mail...yet my State continued to claim they did not have my records or I failed to submit them. My advise to all NG soldiers dealing with thier State run medical programs; Have your Congressman submit your records to your SSO & and MSB branch, then have your Congressman provide both you and your State with a follow up email noting who the records were provided to and when...most states ( not all) do not comply with NGB regulations in the processing of cases for wounded, ill or injured soldiers care. Their is no oversight or very little regarding NG medical programs. The regulations in place at both the Wounded Warrior websites and NGB web site...and the processes that should be in place for our wounded, ill and injured NG soldiers & thier families have failed and no one is held accountable....sorry if this sounds negative but that is what many NG soldiers face...

Hi Steven,
I went through the same stressful nightmare with the CA-ARNG. My State did not acknowldge the Medical & Personnel records I provided them at least 10 x until I had my Congressman submit directly to the State on my behalf.
In my case, I scanned, faxed, hand carried all my records and sent them via US mail...yet my State continued to claim they did not have my records or I failed to submit them. My advise to all NG soldiers dealing with thier State run medical programs; Have your Congressman submit your records to your SSO & and MSB branch, then have your Congressman provide both you and your State with a follow up email noting who the records were provided to and when...most states ( not all) do not comply with NGB regulations in the processing of cases for wounded, ill or injured soldiers care. Their is no oversight or very little regarding NG medical programs. The regulations in place at both the Wounded Warrior websites and NGB web site...and the processes that should be in place for our wounded, ill and injured NG soldiers & thier families have failed and no one is held accountable....sorry if this sounds negative but that is what many NG soldiers face...
Thank you for the information. My unit commander says I should hear something soon, but I am doubtful at this point. In the meantime time passes by.

Hi Steven,
You will have success ( I hope) if your Senator or Congressman doubledown and resubmit on your behalf.....it worked for me....