VA made an error on my claim - my options?

Jason R. Baltutis

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am waiting for my claim (increase since I was put on PDRL) to come back from Providence (447 days). I was looking at my last rating this morning and noticed they rated me 0% for right leg radiculopathy. The problem is I have radiculopathy in my left leg, not my right. Never had it in my right leg.....EVER. Can I go back and have them re-evaluate with the correct medical records showing that they rated me for the wrong leg?

Alligator07

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Do you have a VSO rep or VBA rep yet? If not, contact them to help you. The VA is supposed to review the final decision to ensure "no errors have been made." It's def a complicated process and not a perfect system. I was rated for a "thigh condition" when it was actually a hip injury! You can also make a statement and include this with your claim. You can point out the error there but I would ask a rep how to handle it. They seem to know best and it's by design we are lost in the process. :(

Dcmd124

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Jason, another option is to complete VA Form 21-4138 http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-4138-ARE.pdf and either upload the completed form on Ebenefits or mail it to the Providence RO.

It probably makes more sense to mail it because you can send supporting documents as well: Service Treatment Records, EMG/NCV tests, MRI/ CT Scans, etc. if appropriate.

As always, take care and good luck to you.

I don't feel that bad, I have only been waiting for a little over 9 months for my increase after I was put on PDRL at the Baltimore RO.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">