VA/PEB timeline

Good Morning all,

Over the past few months, I’ve had 3 changes to my estimated completion for VA ratings. It started off at Jul 19. Then it went to Sep 19. Today, it says Nov 19. What could I expect from this? Is my PEB and VA case moving? Or are they just putting me off? I know the online estimates are not accurate but I just want to see if it’s all moving along. I’ve spoken to the PEB hotline because my PEBLO says he has seen no changes. I was found unfit at the end of February and the package was sent to VA Mar 08 19.

Good Morning all,

Over the past few months, I’ve had 3 changes to my estimated completion for VA ratings. It started off at Jul 19. Then it went to Sep 19. Today, it says Nov 19. What could I expect from this? Is my PEB and VA case moving? Or are they just putting me off? I know the online estimates are not accurate but I just want to see if it’s all moving along. I’ve spoken to the PEB hotline because my PEBLO says he has seen no changes. I was found unfit at the end of February and the package was sent to VA Mar 08 19.
You can actually call the VA and they can tell you exactly where its at. you just have to talk to someone whos willing to give you the info.

Good Morning all,

The reason you may be seeing changes in your estimated date of completion is that sometimes during the Review of your medical evidence the VA oftentimes will request for clarification (or more information) from your C&P examiners on a few things before your claim is forwarded up for Decision. This is where a lot of folks are stuck, and depending on how fast your examiner and/or contractor is able to respond to the VA with the information they are looking for your estimated date of completion will continue to go backward.

My Advise: Call the VA hotline on and ask them specifically where your file is at the moment, they will be able to give you an update.

Good luck.

You can actually call the VA and they can tell you exactly where its at. you just have to talk to someone whos willing to give you the info.

That makes sense. I spoke to a few that gave me some information. One told me that it has already been rated. The other said it hasn’t been rated and their waiting on my DD214. They also mentioned that the estimated dates are accurate because they don’t have my EAOS yet.

The reason you may be seeing changes in your estimated date of completion is that sometimes during the Review of your medical evidence the VA oftentimes will request for clarification (or more information) from your C&P examiners on a few things before your claim is forwarded up for Decision. This is where a lot of folks are stuck, and depending on how fast your examiner and/or contractor is able to respond to the VA with the information they are looking for your estimated date of completion will continue to go backward.

My Advise: Call the VA hotline on and ask them specifically where your file is at the moment, they will be able to give you an update.

Good luck.

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you for your advice and clarification. I’ll definitely call them now to get an answer.

Blessings

Deadlines only mean something if you miss a deadline. Claims are notoriously not processed on time. Believe it or not; things are much better now than several years ago.

I'm hoping some one on this thread might be able to help me, my claim was started December,19th last year. I checked Friday last week on the va.gov it was finally moved into the prep for notifications. I looked today and it's back into the gathering info part AGAIN. I called that 1800 number spoke with a very nice man named Danny, I asked him what is going on. He couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me much except that they mailed me a letter today explaining what's going on, he said that some of my claim has been finished (hence the latter they sent today) and other parts of my claim need more reviewing and he WOULDNT tell me anything more because I haven't received my letter they sent out today, but when I get the letter they sent today they will be happy to go over any thing I need, so my question I guess would be, is this letter they sent out today going to be something bad? Is that why they won't tell me? He said he can see the letter they sent on his screen but can't talk about it? I'm very concerned now about my whole claim. Anybody please give me your 2cents I really am confused now more then ever. Thanks everyone.

Jfort,

1. The VA has never told me the results of my claim before I received the official letter (and I have had several). So...in that regard, they seem to just be following protocol.

2. Opinion: They might have deferred some issues; that could be the reason for the letter recently mailed. I do not think the letter necessarily has negative information. A deferral is not a denial.

3. That letter might take 10 days to arrive at your mailing address.

Good luck...
Ron

Just an update!!

My case is currently at the pending decision approval stage. So stage 6 out of 8? It’s estimated dates are between August and November of 2019.

I called the hotline then don't tell me anything I'm so over this waiting

Just an update!!

My case is currently at the pending decision approval stage. So stage 6 out of 8? It’s estimated dates are between August and November of 2019.
my estimated dates are exactly the same. how long were you in the "preparation for decision" stage 5 before they moved you to stage 6

I've been back and fourth for awhile now. Was at the prep for notice twice then back to gathering more info, mine keeps bouncing back and fourth. I'm waiting on a letter they said they mailed yesterday, may take 10days to get this letter. Never seen mail take so long wow. I've been waiting since December 19last year

I called the hotline then don't tell me anything I'm so over this waiting

Yeah, I’ve been trying to reach the PEB hotline and haven’t heard anything. Smh so I went to ebenefits for some kind of clue on what’s happening.

my estimated dates are exactly the same. how long were you in the "preparation for decision" stage 5 before they moved you to stage 6

It’s funny because I didn’t know I was on this stage lol. I’ve been on va.gov and gotten absolutely nothing. However, I just so happened to read responses on forums and they suggested checking ebenefits. Under disabilities I was able to see. So I literally found this out today. I wish I could’ve told you how long I’ve been on this stage. Sorry. With our estimates being the same, doyou think they’ll allow an earlier separation? I’m trying to be done and out like mid July.

I've been back and fourth for awhile now. Was at the prep for notice twice then back to gathering more info, mine keeps bouncing back and fourth. I'm waiting on a letter they said they mailed yesterday, may take 10days to get this letter. Never seen mail take so long wow. I've been waiting since December 19last year

Wow. Sorry. That’s quite a frustrating stretch. I hate that they send paperwork when we have everything done electronically nowadays.

It’s funny because I didn’t know I was on this stage lol. I’ve been on va.gov and gotten absolutely nothing. However, I just so happened to read responses on forums and they suggested checking ebenefits. Under disabilities I was able to see. So I literally found this out today. I wish I could’ve told you how long I’ve been on this stage. Sorry. With our estimates being the same, doyou think they’ll allow an earlier separation? I’m trying to be done and out like mid July.
just like everyone on here says. the estimated dates or not nearly as accurate. the way I see it is that they send the date far out that way they don't have to worry about missing deadlines and whatnot. so realistically were probably looking at maybe the end of june or the start of july. fingers crossed. and I also barely found out about the disabilities tab on EBenefits. kind of gave me the slightest bit of hope to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

just like everyone on here says. the estimated dates or not nearly as accurate. the way I see it is that they send the date far out that way they don't have to worry about missing deadlines and whatnot. so realistically were probably looking at maybe the end of june or the start of july. fingers crossed. and I also barely found out about the disabilities tab on EBenefits. kind of gave me the slightest bit of hope to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

I couldn’t agree more. Fingers are crossed everyday while we await on the verdict!!!!

I couldn’t agree more. Fingers are crossed everyday while we await on the verdict!!!!
well I just checked eBenefits and now my status has changed to "pending decision approval". its seems that we're on the same path now! and that's the light at the tunnel I was saying!

That’s great!!!!! Hopefully you’ll get the great ratings you want and deserve!! Also, I hope it’ll get us out sooner than later!!