VA “Proposed ratings” Is that a thing?

Hello All.

I was previously told that the VA comes up with a “proposed rating” after all my exams are done and they send that to the VA and PEB in Washington D.C. for the PEB. I was hoping to get this number to get an idea of the ballpark rating I could expect. But my PEBLO has no idea what I’m talking about and said that I will have to wait until the PEB makes its decision to know what rating I will have. Does anyone know if the “proposed rating” exists and how to find out what it is? My package is currently at the MEB level getting signatures. All my VA exams are done.

I was wondering the same thing. I’ve been calling my MSC once a week to try and get that rating. She said after the VA rating team is done, they will send a proposed rating back to her and to me. This rating is not locked in, it’s just what the VA thinks you should be at. Then that rating will be sent to DC to be attached to your paperwork and then the DoD will do whatever they do with it. That’s how it was explained to me. My VA reports were completed and sent with my package to the PEB at the end of January. Haven’t heard anything since.
Good luck

I was wondering the same thing. I’ve been calling my MSC once a week to try and get that rating. She said after the VA rating team is done, they will send a proposed rating back to her and to me. This rating is not locked in, it’s just what the VA thinks you should be at. Then that rating will be sent to DC to be attached to your paperwork and then the DoD will do whatever they do with it. That’s how it was explained to me. My VA reports were completed and sent with my package to the PEB at the end of January. Haven’t heard anything since.
Good luck
Ok so I’m not the only one that’s been told about it. I know it’s not locked in but I was hoping to have some general idea so I can plan accordingly since I will almost undoubtedly be found unfit. Your package should be coming back soon!

Wow, speak of the devil! I just checked the VA.gov website and my claim decision was ready! I called my MSC and she told me my rating, 90%. She then reminded me that it was only proposed and could change when it goes to the DoD. I’m hoping it’ll be back within a few weeks.

Wow, speak of the devil! I just checked the VA.gov website and my claim decision was ready! I called my MSC and she told me my rating, 90%. She then reminded me that it was only proposed and could change when it goes to the DoD. I’m hoping it’ll be back within a few weeks.
Wow! What luck! My MSC has been nearly impossible to get in contact with. An MSC from another region stepped in to help me because QTC held on to my exams for 2 months after I had already finished them without sending them to the VA.

I had the same issue with my MSC. She says she is swamped with cases so I figured I’d start calling every week to have her check. She might have been annoyed, but I have a feeling that if I didn’t call to have her check, she would have never looked.

I had the same issue with my MSC. She says she is swamped with cases so I figured I’d start calling every week to have her check. She might have been annoyed, but I have a feeling that if I didn’t call to have her check, she would have never looked.
Mine didn’t answer the phone and she misspelled her own email address when she gave it to me.

Proposed is just that... proposed. Technically, legally, the VA cannot rate you until you are out... until you become a Veteran.... then they don’t necessarily “rerate” you... they just kind of give your proposed ratings a look and make sure they didn’t miss anything obvious and then make it an official rating.