VA Rating Timelines

tiffanyann8427

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello everyone! I just received my unfit memo on Tuesday of this past week. All my PEBLO told me was that now the waiting begins and he would contact me when the ratings came back. What’s everyone’s experience here at this point? Ik everyone’s is different. Mine is a pretty cut and dry case so I was wondering about others as well. Thanks for any information provided! He said 3 weeks to 3 months. Someone please tell me .. that’s false.

Hello everyone! I just received my unfit memo on Tuesday of this past week. All my PEBLO told me was that now the waiting begins and he would contact me when the ratings came back. What’s everyone’s experience here at this point? Ik everyone’s is different. Mine is a pretty cut and dry case so I was wondering about others as well. Thanks for any information provided! He said 3 weeks to 3 months. Someone please tell me .. that’s false.
So what is the "unfit Memo"? On the 13th SEP Informal PEB complete, 23rd SEP VA ratings complete but I have no fit or unfit memo?? I asked my PEBLO and she said that all I am waiting on is for my ratings to make it to her and then we decide if I accept the findings??

So what is the "unfit Memo"? On the 13th SEP Informal PEB complete, 23rd SEP VA ratings complete but I have no fit or unfit memo?? I asked my PEBLO and she said that all I am waiting on is for my ratings to make it to her and then we decide if I accept the findings??
Some people don't receive an "unfit memo." I didn't but once your PEBLO lets you know your case is being forwarded to the VA for ratings, you are already found unfit.

PELBO said my VA rating is complete and same thing told me she would call once they got it so I can review. It only took the VA two days to finish my rating. I really hope it doesn’t take 3 months nor 3 weeks.

PELBO said my VA rating is complete and same thing told me she would call once they got it so I can review. It only took the VA two days to finish my rating. I really hope it doesn’t take 3 months nor 3 weeks.
Me too. Really hoping it doesn’t take that long!

I was informed of "Unfit" on 27SEP and my PEBLO told me the VA received the findings that day. The VA also, on the same day, requested clarification on the C&P exam from the Nurse Practitioner about some things. I'm hoping she gets a response to them soon so I can get my raitings!!

I was informed of "Unfit" on 27SEP and my PEBLO told me the VA received the findings that day. The VA also, on the same day, requested clarification on the C&P exam from the Nurse Practitioner about some things. I'm hoping she gets a response to them soon so I can get my raitings!!

Finally got ratings today!! Now it seems I’ll be waiting to be told I’m on the Transproc list. & the next wait begins. :)

I hope you get them soon!!

I hope you get them soon!!
TRANSPROC has been kicking back up lately. I talked with some people at my post's retirement services office. It took me roughly 6 weeks to hit the list and they've been seeing 3-4 weeks lately.

TRANSPROC has been kicking back up lately. I talked with some people at my post's retirement services office. It took me roughly 6 weeks to hit the list and they've been seeing 3-4 weeks lately.

It took 2 weeks for me but now I’m wondering how does the next step work. Orders...but is this another wait?

It took 2 weeks for me but now I’m wondering how does the next step work. Orders...but is this another wait?
Should be as follows:
Retirement Services office should contact you and inform you on your NLT date. You can bring the date back if you want, which is what I did. You'll probably want to get with your S-1 to calculate your leave days to come up with a date. Retirement services will send you and your S-1 copies of your retirement orders. After this, you'll fill out a questionnaire with your S-1 to receive your post clearing papers, at which time you'll also receive your unit clearing papers. You'll have 10 business days to out-process post, which shouldn't be difficult if your clearing doesn't fall within a holiday week. You'll clear your stations and should have an appointment with Retirement Services to review your DD-214 and to sign it. Once you've signed it, you'll be able to pick it up once you've finished clearing. Take a copy of your DD-214 to your Unit S-1, so they can sign you out of the personnel register, and to your VA rep, so they can add it to your VA records.

took the C&P examiner almost 1 month to get her response to the VA. VA combined ratings at 90%. Now my PEBLO says we have to wait for the Army to rate my unfit conditions!

I did. They got me at 20% with $69k severance. VA missed something which is 10%. I submitted my packet for VA reconsideration and request for formal board last week. There is MORE than enough evidence to get me the 10% that will put me at 30% Army and 100% VA. Now I wait for that. I know the holidays are around the corner so I hope I don’t have to wait too long. School starts JAN 29!

I have a question: Are Army Disability and VA Disability two separate things? I noticed above that you said "30% Army and 100% VA."

Yes, they are different. You military disability rating is only for the injury/condition(s) you were referred to the board for that prevent you from doing your military job. The military rating percentage for that injury or condition will be that same as the VA rating. The VA rating is for all the injuries or conditions you developed from serving in the military (service connected).