VA Ratings

As long as you have documentation of what happened to initiate your LOD. You should be able to get one. I had to call the IG for help.

got my plane ticket but still waiting on leave form to get signed to start clearing unfortunately.. but i turned in my gear and have all final out appointments set up
Good plan. The more you can do the better. We all be out soon

Clearing only takes about 2 days i was told . & yess it’s been a long (well short compared to some others) journey
Yeah clearing should not take long at all. I expect to do it in 2 days or less

Just got my amended orders today. Retirement date March 1st.
Thats great! Congratulations. We are all at the end now. I clear when I get back from house hunting, movers come the 27th, terminal leave starts March 2nd, and retirement April 30th.

I'm a reservist with over 20 years. I have 90% VA and 40%DOD. Do you get orders to go and outprocess? I'm waiting on signed retirement orders now. The physical disability agency said I would get a packet in the mail. Did you get one?

I'm a reservist with over 20 years. I have 90% VA and 40%DOD. Do you get orders to go and outprocess? I'm waiting on signed retirement orders now. The physical disability agency said I would get a packet in the mail. Did you get one?
I picked up orders and then started clearing. I never got my packet in the mail. I waited 10 business days and then called and they faxed it. I'm active duty retirement so I'm not sure how different it is. Sully is on this page and would have more info. He's reserve, you may want to message him. Good luck!

Just got my amended orders today. Retirement date March 1st.
Hey Sully, Have you got orders to outprocess or do you just go to the nearest base and get enrolled in Tricare and get an ID card? Did you get a packet in mail from the physical disability agency? They told me I would get a packet when my orders were signed. Peblo sent me unsigned orders went a tentative date of March 16.

I picked up orders and then started clearing. I never got my packet in the mail. I waited 10 business days and then called and they faxed it. I'm active duty retirement so I'm not sure how different it is. Sully is on this page and would have more info. He's reserve, you may want to message him. Good luck!
Thanks I asked him for more information. Not sure how different reserves is from active.

postalsgt96, I did not get orders to outproces. I made an appointment with Soldiers for life. You will have to take some classes. If you are too far from a base, they will let you do the classes on JKO. This is how you get your DD-214.

My PEBLO sent me my signed orders and a memo with my wrong disability % on it.
I have an appointment to get my ID.

I think once you get your new ID card, It's supposed to alert Tricare. Also, contact retirement service.

I think once you get your new ID card, It's supposed to alert Tricare. Also, contact retirement service.

In most cases, getting the ID card should be at the same time you are enrolled in DEERS for the health insurance options. It is not automatic, but, normally, all of the issues and enrollment options should be accomplished. Retirement services would normally be part of the outprocessing process. However, it is technically possible to go to a "non-standard" site (another service's site, perhaps a National Guard site- which is often at the State Joint Force Headquarters- which can often accomplish many of the tasks to effect a retirement. However, going to other than an active duty installation may mean you don't get the full briefings, processing, etc.).

Jason, I am finding this out the hard way. It would have been nice if my reserve unit knew the MEB process. It just frustrating that I have to take time off from work to outprocess. My next hurdle is getting in contact with retirement services. Good thing is, I have an appointment with ID card . Which is is the same building with retirement service.

postalsgt96, I did not get orders to outproces. I made an appointment with Soldiers for life. You will have to take some classes. If you are too far from a base, they will let you do the classes on JKO. This is how you get your DD-214.

My PEBLO sent me my signed orders and a memo with my wrong disability % on it.
I have an appointment to get my ID.

Thanks Sully. The PDRA told me I didn't get a 214 because I'm reserves. Peblo said I would get a 214. I called the VA rep at Fort Gordon but can never get her. So, I am confused. I'm an E7 40%DOD and 90% VA with a 20 year letter my PEBLO said I would get CRDP now but I was told by DFAS it would be 60 that I might could try applying for CRSC. Is your or anyone else's situation similar to this?

People would tell me that I qualified for CRPD. But if you look on your orders. They divided my points by 360 and it gave me 11 years for active duty and 30 years for pay.

Mine says 11 years also. I'm going to look into applying for CRSC. I called the RSO at my nearest base and they said nothing about classes or receiving a 214.