VA Re-evaluation - PTSD? Provider says I will be automatically reduced to 0% because....

@DRAKE.DRAYTON

Registered Member
I just finished my IDES process and was placed on Permanent Retirement from the DOD. As it stands, I have a future exam at with the VA for PTSD although I was rated under multiple conditions. I have been seeing the same provider for the past two years but recently changed to a new provider. My new provider is telling me that when I get out and am reevaluated by the VA they will not grant me a rating higher than 0% because I have participated in therapies that are proven to cure PTSD symptoms. Anyone ever heard this before?

Warrior644

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just finished my IDES process and was placed on Permanent Retirement from the DOD. As it stands, I have a future exam at with the VA for PTSD although I was rated under multiple conditions. I have been seeing the same provider for the past two years but recently changed to a new provider. My new provider is telling me that when I get out and am reevaluated by the VA they will not grant me a rating higher than 0% because I have participated in therapies that are proven to cure PTSD symptoms. Anyone ever heard this before?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, congratulations on your recent completion of the DoD IDES process with placement onto the DoD military PDRL! :D

Based upon what is solely written, it would be extremely difficult to speculate any future finding by a DoVA Rating Agency for any DoVA disability rating which was determined to be military service connected at any particular point in time! As such, there exist a standard process by the DoVA VBA for the re-evaluation of any DoVA disability rating, if warranted.

To that extent, a DoVA disability rating issued by a DoVA Rating Agency is not based upon any speculation. It's based upon the availability of all medical evidence and/or medical documentation for any military service connected disability and then its symptomology is evaluated against the DoVA rating criteria as annotated in the 38 CFR VASRD.

That said, you need to ensure that any/all of your DoVA military service connected disabilities are continuing to be properly documented by medical healthcare professionals prior to the mandatory conduction of a future DoVA re-evaluation via a DoVA C&P Examination.

In retrospect while on military active duty, I participated in numerous outpatient PTSD programs to include numerous inpatient admissions at military & civilian behavior healthcare facilities for severe PTSD symptomology. Upon placement onto the DoD military TDRL for PTSD from my completion of the DoD IDES process, I was admitted numerous times to the local VAMC Behavior Healthcare Inpatient facility as a military disabled veteran. As based upon the availability of all medical evidence and/or medical documentation prior to my scheduled future DoVA re-evaluation for PTSD, I was eventually awarded a DoVA 100% P&T increased rating resulting in no more scheduling of future DoVA C&P examinations by the DoVA VBA. Despite my participation in numerous proven medical/behavior healthcare treatment programs for over the past seven years, I still haven't been cured of my PTSD symptomology!

Lastly, supporting documentation and not future speculation is the key for any potential success with the DoVA VBA at least in my experienced opinion! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Last edited:
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">