VA reevaluation

jdjohnson

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was just recently giving my ratings (PDRL) and two of my conditions will be reevaluated later by the VA. So I was wondering if anyone has ever been reevaluated and had their rating decreased or increased.

I just got my re-evaluation back today and they did not decrease anything but did increase my migraines from 30% to 50%. I discovered in this process that they will only increase ratings that the Army found unfitting, as I had several conditions that were not unfitting, but service connected. I am guessing I have to refile on these once I am out.

Sounds like one of you is asking about future reevaluations and the other is referring to reconsiderations. The VA will only perform a one time reconsideration (while active duty) for those conditions found unfitting by the PEB. All the other service connected but not unfitting conditions will have to wait until you're retired/separated.

There is always a chance that the VA will increase, decrease, or keep a rating as is. You can read the specific VA regulations on reevaluations depending on what is applicable to you; i.e. 100%, five years, 20 years, etc.

Sounds like one of you is asking about future reevaluations and the other is referring to reconsiderations. The VA will only perform a one time reconsideration (while active duty) for those conditions found unfitting by the PEB. All the other service connected but not unfitting conditions will have to wait until you're retired/separated.

There is always a chance that the VA will increase, decrease, or keep a rating as is. You can read the specific VA regulations on reevaluations depending on what is applicable to you; i.e. 100%, five years, 20 years, etc.

Where exactly can I find the VA regulations on reconsiderations?

Thank you Warrior644!

I just received my appointment for re-evaluation next month. I was permanently retired and my VA package says that my knees and Major depressive disorder and panic disorder, without agoraphobia (also claimed as depression and anxiety) will be re-evaluated. I have been seeing my civilian psychiatrist consistently but I was taken off the SSRI medication awhile back because I was gaining weight and I couldn't handle the medication side effects. I am still taking anxiety meds but I am concerned that because I am no longer taking the depression meds that my rating will be lowered. I still suffer from depression and anxiety though. Does this mean my rating will be lowered?

I just received my appointment for re-evaluation next month. I was permanently retired and my VA package says that my knees and Major depressive disorder and panic disorder, without agoraphobia (also claimed as depression and anxiety) will be re-evaluated. I have been seeing my civilian psychiatrist consistently but I was taken off the SSRI medication awhile back because I was gaining weight and I couldn't handle the medication side effects. I am still taking anxiety meds but I am concerned that because I am no longer taking the depression meds that my rating will be lowered. I still suffer from depression and anxiety though. Does this mean my rating will be lowered?

Good questions, in my opinion and any potential feedback is subjective to the medical evidence as documented within your medical treatment case file; at least that's how I see it!

For example, I have multiple medication conditions with multiple prescription medications but some medications I can't take due to "side effects" conflict with other prescription medications and/or medical conditions. I can't take any prescription medication for my combat nightmares anymore, but the combat nightmares still occur every night of each day of the week!

To that extent, I still have an official diagnosis of each medical condition albeit it's well-documented within the history of my medical treatment records both military active duty and military disabled veteran! I say, no worries otherwise please submit an official DoVA appeal if warranted.

Moreover, now is the time to request and obtain copies of all medical evidence then review it thoroughly for statements like "patient is non-compliant with medication" or "patient refused to accept medical treatment plan" and/or any similar types of negative statements.

With that all said, the medical evidence supporting your medical conditions will have to show/prove that a lowered DoVA rating is potentially warranted as written within the VASRD. It seems to me that you are in good hands and you have been making smart choices with your medical healthcare treatment decision to date.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Just stay calm dude i got reevaluated in march for ptsd and for tbi. I didn't request either but both were put in for increase. Both of the reevaluations went good, just don't pull any punches and try to pretend that your ok. Be truthful tell them whats up with you and what goes wrong! Just remember stay calm don't freak yourself out.

I requested copies of notes from my psychiatrist to take to appointment and I will be going through them. I'm just concerned that since I'm not taking the anti-depressants that the VA will see that I don't suffer anymore which is not the case at all.

well just because you don't like to be drugged up doesn't mean that you don't have problems you just try do deal with it in other ways!!!

I requested copies of notes from my psychiatrist to take to appointment and I will be going through them. I'm just concerned that since I'm not taking the anti-depressants that the VA will see that I don't suffer anymore which is not the case at all.

Are the ways that you cope with your depression noted?

Good questions, in my opinion and any potential feedback is subjective to the medical evidence as documented within your medical treatment case file; at least that's how I see it!

For example, I have multiple medication conditions with multiple prescription medications but some medications I can't take due to "side effects" conflict with other prescription medications and/or medical conditions. I can't take any prescription medication for my combat nightmares anymore, but the combat nightmares still occur every night of each day of the week!

To that extent, I still have an official diagnosis of each medical condition albeit it's well-documented within the history of my medical treatment records both military active duty and military disabled veteran! I say, no worries otherwise please submit an official DoVA appeal if warranted.

Moreover, now is the time to request and obtain copies of all medical evidence then review it thoroughly for statements like "patient is non-compliant with medication" or "patient refused to accept medical treatment plan" and/or any similar types of negative statements.

With that all said, the medical evidence supporting your medical conditions will have to show/prove that a lowered DoVA rating is potentially warranted as written within the VASRD. It seems to me that you are in good hands and you have been making smart choices with your medical healthcare treatment decision to date.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Good deal! As I mentioned previously, please ensure that your medical evidence supports your current medical conditions with exceptions noted and all should be okay at the end of the day! Take care and enjoy life!

Best Wishes!

I had my first C&P re-eval exam today on my knees. The PA who saw me gave me the impression she didn't see anything wrong with my knees. I was rated 10% for chronic knee strain originally and I feel like my knees are only getting worse. How long does it take to get results? I'm concerned they are going to lower my rating.