VA removed DBQs from public view

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member

I could not disagree more with this decision. While firms profiteering from DBQs in an unethical manner should be address, this decision negatively effects veterans than use private physicians. A private physician does not know the intricacies of a VA rating. By not providing a key piece of medical data on the DBQ a Veteran might be underrated or not rated at all. This move by the VA punishes reputable veterans and private providers. In an era of Decision Ready Claims - this is a huge step backward.

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Even those firms are not unethical conducting exams remotely is hardly fraud and the VA as well as the IPEB both conduct them at their discretion. I have seen reductions for vets just from a record review, rarely do I see increases from the VA on a record review unless its something terminal. Plenty of PDRL decisions are also conducted from just pulling the vets CPRS file I have just a hunch this is attempt to stop questionable claims because the VA has to begrudgingly grant them because of the tie goes to the vet rule.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">