VA Request for Reconsideration -Effective date?

ZCOBRA

Registered Member
Hello, wondering if anyone can help shed light on this:

Going through the IDES process, requested a reconsideration, and the result was an increase in rating. The new rating is effective the day I filed for the reconsideration, not the date of the original claim. Anyone have any information with regards to whether this is right or not?

gsfowler

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
The rating will not be effective until it is accepted and finalized from the USAPDA. Nothing to worry about.

Warrior644

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello, wondering if anyone can help shed light on this:

Going through the IDES process, requested a reconsideration, and the result was an increase in rating. The new rating is effective the day I filed for the reconsideration, not the date of the original claim. Anyone have any information with regards to whether this is right or not?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

VArepmedic03

Registered Member
If you’re going through the IDES, process it’s safe to assume your currently still on active duty. If still on active duty effective dates for any disability rating will always be One day after your release from active duty date. Ex-ETS of 05/31/2018
Disability effective date is 06/01/2018.
You can not received disability compensation when still on active duty.

Hopes this helps

Troy

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">