VA Service Connection / Navy LOD

Bucky Badger

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So, I just received the VA paperwork in the mail today giving me a 90% service connection rating but the Navy is still deciding whether or not they will grant a Line of Duty package. My corpsman says that is required before they consider a Medboard on me to decide if I'm still fit for service. My question is, will this VA rating help my case that I should be medically retired rather than just indefinitely TNPQ? Thanks for your help!

Recommmend you contact the LOD shop here at PERS-95 here in Millington. Should should be able to help and point you in the right direction. I'm active duty and know that the USNR/LOD side works a little different. Let me know if I can help. YNC(SW/AW), [email protected], 901-874-3230

Im in the Army Reserves and for every little injury to all the concussions from IEDs in AFG, our 1SG (Chief in your case) told us to get a LOD for it with required medical docs at the time. I even went a step further and had 2 sworn statements and myself write one. When I got back, I turned all the documentation in to my LOD person at the WTU and it was a win win situation for everything I had.