VA to PEB wait times?

VrodViddy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Wanting to get an idea what others have been waiting to Get there final DoD and Va ratings forms. Been waiting to sign for my ratings for 40 days and counting. Originally told they shouldn't take more then 14 days. So Peblo full of it. surprise surprise... Anyways. Figured people could list below their wait times whether currently still waiting or completion times for final ratings. Thanks.

I haven't gotten my PEB ratings but I got my VA ratings. was found UNFIT 9/7/2016 and VA finished rating proposal 11/7/2016 timeline in my signature

I contacted the PEB. I'm marine corps but I think it's the same. A LT told me 30-40 days is their goal. My buddy got his in 30 and his EAS changed soon after that. I'm already 30 and counting. For me it's taken longer than everyone I know for every step. Started before them, and I will get out after them. Absolutely ridiculous. Never again will I deal with the government and sign my life to them.

I think it's in my signature timeline, but I believe my wait was close to 30 days...didn't matter since I had to take it to an FPEB though. That added about 5 months

I'm a month and half in and still waiting on my fit/unfit findings peb said it will be another month and half to two months:(

VA finished my ratings on June 7th. PEB received my VA ratings package back on June 10th. I received my DOD/VA ratings from my peblo on Aug 1st. Around 50 days from PEB to ratings.

This time of year is full of waiting. You're fighting holiday leave periods, snow days, etc.

check my timeline, think it was about 30 days.

Mine was around a month I'm pretty sure. It's in my signature. But Navy is really shitty at doing their jobs so our PEBs take extra long

I contacted the PEB. I'm marine corps but I think it's the same. A LT told me 30-40 days is their goal. My buddy got his in 30 and his EAS changed soon after that. I'm already 30 and counting. For me it's taken longer than everyone I know for every step. Started before them, and I will get out after them. Absolutely ridiculous. Never again will I deal with the government and sign my life to them.

I'm right with you buddy! still haven't heard anything from the peb :( I'm over this shit.

I recieved my final ratings from the PEB 20% Va70%. Little confused on how this works. My referring condition was my Degenerative disk disease which was awarded 20%. However I have Radio-apathy in my legs that are related to the Lumber DD disease. 20% for left leg and 10% for the right leg. Why am i only being awarded 20% with a total of 50% related to my referring condition? I am told that they not added, but combined. What does that mean? Can't get a hold of my Peblo and trying to get these papers turned so i can get a dicharge date. Just want to make sure this correct before I do. Thanks for any future clarification

I recieved my final ratings from the PEB 20% Va70%. Little confused on how this works. My referring condition was my Degenerative disk disease which was awarded 20%. However I have Radio-apathy in my legs that are related to the Lumber DD disease. 20% for left leg and 10% for the right leg. Why am i only being awarded 20% with a total of 50% related to my referring condition? I am told that they not added, but combined. What does that mean? Can't get a hold of my Peblo and trying to get these papers turned so i can get a dicharge date. Just want to make sure this correct before I do. Thanks for any future clarification
Did PEB found your radiculopathy unfit on your 199 or it was just claimed on the VA side?

Did PEB found your radiculopathy unfit on your 199 or it was just claimed on the VA side?

My initial narsum referring condition was REFERRED DIAGNOSIS: Lumbar radiculopathy L5-S1.
However in the NARSUM report it says that disk buldge causes degenerative disk diseas and pain to radiate to both legs. The VA gave me 10/20/20 for legs and back. They all related so they should be included i feel. If DOD is using the VARR calculation only on the referring condition, then all these should be calculated i feel, there for actually giving me 42%. Please correct me if i am wrong?

And yes the Radiculopathy was my unfit condition.

Last edited:
My initial narsum referring condition was REFERRED DIAGNOSIS: Lumbar radiculopathy L5-S1.
However in the NARSUM report it says that disk buldge causes degenerative disk diseas and pain to radiate to both legs. The VA gave me 10/20/20 for legs and back. They all related so they should be included i feel. If DOD is using the VARR calculation only on the referring condition, then all these should be calculated i feel, there for actually giving me 42%. Please correct me if i am wrong?

I had the exact same ratings, with bilateral* (legs) it was 45%, rounds up to 50% DOD, official.

Full detail: 20% R leg*, 10% L leg*, 20% Back.

I verified with this calc: https://www.microhealthllc.com/bilateralcaclulator/

I had the exact same ratings, with bilateral* (legs) it was 45%, rounds up to 50% DOD, official.

Full detail: 20% R leg*, 10% L leg*, 20% Back.

I verified with this calc: https://www.microhealthllc.com/bilateralcaclulator/

So you recieved 50% dod and had same problem as me? It looks like after your IPEB, it took another 6 months to get that fixed. I don't know if i can handle that mentally another 6 months. I just don't think i can do it.

Last edited:
My back issue (mid to upper back) isn't related as closely to the legs, but still it was found unfitting at FPEB.

My back issue (mid to upper back) isn't related as closely to the legs, but still it was found unfitting at FPEB.
It took you over 6 months to get it corrected? I don't know if i can handle that. Whats PDRL?

I'm no legal counsel, but I have been told and seen people go up for their FPEB and get much more favorable results that follow them for life, rather than just signing off the bat. Think of the DoD as a bunch of criminals. They don't want to pay you top dollar for the rest of your life. In fact they really don't care about us, we are a sore to them. They don't follow their own rules and legal handbooks. I would look at a civilian lawyer to see if they could help. Would definitely be worth it and the time.

Then you PEB rating should b

e more than 20%. You need to consult with legal ASAP to figure out how to go about it. I was awarded 20% for my back and 10% each for radiculopathy.