VA to PEB wait times?

I know. Just where I am stationed its incredibly isolated in the middle of no where. I don't know anyone here anymore. i don't think i can do it mentally with the average turn around for a formal board being 6 months. This whole process has been alot to handle for me. Its caused a divorse begin seperated for so long, Being away from children for a 1 and half,
Then you PEB rating should b

e more than 20%. You need to consult with legal ASAP to figure out how to go about it. I was awarded 20% for my back and 10% each for radiculopathy.

Were you able to get it fixed via Formal Board and get you over the 30% hump.

My back issue (mid to upper back) isn't related as closely to the legs, but still it was found unfitting at FPEB.

Also, what was needed to submit for the formal board. i already gave them everything I got. The only thing else i could think of is to submit the instruction highlighted that this is effected by my back issue and show them on the VA ratings to have them added them as an unfit condition

Also, what was needed to submit for the formal board. i already gave them everything I got. The only thing else i could think of is to submit the instruction highlighted that this is effected by my back issue and show them on the VA ratings to have them added them as an unfit condition

I just did what the JAG suggested, recent Back X-rays, witness statements, bone scan (although its results came to late). The attorney should give you ideas, help your case. However, getting the paperwork to them and being detailed is on you. Overwhelm the FPEB with documentation regarding your case.

I only had 2 or 3 weeks from JAG contact to flight to DC.

I also did a VARR on the R Leg because it was rated at 10% (mild), even though the C&P box exam was marked "moderate" and should have been 20%

This time of year is full of waiting. You're fighting holiday leave periods, snow days, etc.

How did you go about 'bumping' your 20% DOD to 30% DOD?? Any recommendations??? I'm worried I'm going to be facing something similar. I also found out the VA is recommending a 90% VA Rating, and is now back with PEB, and awaiting results. For DOD, I only went up for 1 condition, which the VA recommended two separate 10% Ratings. The VA actually recommended 30% for 3 other conditions--Pes Planus, Migraines, and Anxiety. Do I try to appeal to get two of these added to my DOD to be considered for disability? Just curious if that's how you went about it, or if you introduced more evidence for a condition already considered? Any input would be appreciated.

Its been 30 days now for me. Since The peblo sent my package i'm also waiting. Is there anybody knows how does peblo sent a package to DC is it via electronic or a hard copy.

Electronic
If its electronic how do i know if peblo sent all my correct documents to DC. All she told me is all your package has been sent.without any receipt what she sent. Im just concern that she did not include my rebuttal letter that has been approved by the doctor.this is the automated medical board report cover sheet that she give me.
cid:8B25535E-C575-4414-B0C1-A4618785BD1A

Last edited:
I appealed my IPEB findings. When I got to the formal board I presented additional medical history, a memo from my neurosurgeon, and basically just told them what the deal was. Originally they found my right hip and right leg radiculopathy to be unfitting. They changed that to my back (20%) and right leg (10%) for 30% DoD. Don't be surprised if they do a little "horse trading" with your disabilities...freaking ticked me off. Previously unfitting things are now fitting, etc...

A-5_Guy--thanks for the input. And yes, I an see how it would be upsetting--the flip-flopping of decisions about what' fitting and what's not, ultimately, if the Navy gets us to that 30% for Retirement, that's the important part, evn if it means what should be 40% ends up only being 30%.

My concern is if they come back with 20% or less, then say "but since you are over 20 years, we'll let you retire, but at the "High-3" rate of an E-7 from when you were an E-7," instead of letting me retire with O-3E pay with over 23 years in and over 8 years commissioned. That is what is scaring me, TBH.

Oh, and BTW, I went up for only one condition, but should have at least 2-3 other potential unfitting conditions, but was sold a line of BS that now I question whether was true or not. I've got a daughter starting college next August, and was hoping to have everything settled in time to move her there in time...

I appealed my IPEB findings. When I got to the formal board I presented additional medical history, a memo from my neurosurgeon, and basically just told them what the deal was. Originally they found my right hip and right leg radiculopathy to be unfitting. They changed that to my back (20%) and right leg (10%) for 30% DoD. Don't be surprised if they do a little "horse trading" with your disabilities...freaking ticked me off. Previously unfitting things are now fitting, etc...

Let's try this again...it didn't reply specifically to your post, so, sorry for the double post...

A-5_Guy--thanks for the input. And yes, I an see how it would be upsetting--the flip-flopping of decisions about what' fitting and what's not, ultimately, if the Navy gets us to that 30% for Retirement, that's the important part, evn if it means what should be 40% ends up only being 30%.

My concern is if they come back with 20% or less, then say "but since you are over 20 years, we'll let you retire, but at the "High-3" rate of an E-7 from when you were an E-7," instead of letting me retire with O-3E pay with over 23 years in and over 8 years commissioned. That is what is scaring me, TBH.

Oh, and BTW, I went up for only one condition, but should have at least 2-3 other potential unfitting conditions, but was sold a line of BS that now I question whether was true or not. I've got a daughter starting college next August, and was hoping to have everything settled in time to move her there in time...

I'm new here, so does anyone have an idea of what VA to PEB timeline may look like these days if my Proposed VA ratings were sent back to the PEB December 1st?? I've been in this process for 7 months now at NMCSD. Also is it true that after 10 days the VA can tell you your proposed ratings over the phone or do they have to fax them? I've considered calling the PEB to find out where they are at and how close my ratings are to being released but I don't want to sound overly impatient. Thanks.

@EOTJCL yes it's true, 10 days they will fax it to you, depends on the VA rep you get though.

Also, it has been taking people about 50 days to get their stuff back from the PEB once it's sent to the PEB. Mine got sent back NOV 1. I'm about to get it back most likely. Last week my PEBLO said there were 3 packages ahead of mine waiting to get back. As of today there is only 1. Check out my forum timeline if you get a chance

Can proposed ratings be revealed over the phone or via email? I don't really want to have anything faxed to my command and I don't really have any other means of receiving fax's that I know about? 50 days is brutal, My PEBLO told me any day now but I know better then to believe that.

I was told any day now on NOV 3. And I've still been waiting. Are you deployed? They won't email it but they can mail it

Not deployed, LIMDU and Shore duty. I'll call and see what they can do.

VA wont fax me anything, Said it was sent to PEBLO, PEBLO says she doesn't have proposed VA ratings. Thanks for the info, just gotta buckle down and wait I guess.

Yea you gotta keep bugging the VA. Happened for me. Also, the PEBLO will have your ratings

I called and called the VA to try and get my proposed ratings and got the same answer, "It was sent to your PEBLO". Try calling the VA records department in St. Louis, MO. Phone: 888-533-4558 Or 888-533-4558. They faxed my ratings over right away. Just make sure you have a Privacy Act Form completed and submitted into your EBenefits and there will be no issue.