VA Voc Rehab

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi All and thank you for your service!

Question for the Voc Rehab guru's. I'm in the Voc Rehab and recently came across a Veteran that wrote a paper on the lies the some Voc Rehab Counselors will not advise us on and will say no up front. With that being sad that actually happened to me from the VA in Lexington KY. My Counselor upon our first meeting with asking what are some of the things I'm looking to do and I said "I'd like to start a business". Well she immediately told me know we don't do anything like that. Then she continues to talk about herself and her kiddos and who during their deployment their friends would call her to talk. Hmmm.

The question I can't get from her is, does anyone know or have gotten the VA Voc Rehab to approve for training that isn't in a college environment but actual legitimate schools? There's two really great industry leading Pentesting School's that have courses. This is a fast track to getting into the IT area versus going back to school for a Master's in IT and having to take classes to a degree versus go to the IT training that leads to the certifications.

The reason I don't pay for those classes is they are around $5000 each. Some courses are lessor.

Thanks for any information.

Brian

If you want to reach out to me I’m a IT. There’s a program for IT certs called VET TEC. It’s thru the VA and doesn’t use GI bill benefits.

I appreciate that Ghnkit. So VET TEC is separate from the VA's Voc Rehab. Where on their site would I begin the journey for VET TEC? Is it just look for the VET TEC then move forward?
Thanks for you time.
Brian

Start with that link. You apply get a Certificate saying your approved then pick any approved program and location. If they don’t have one that is near you or the Cert you want there additional steps to be taken. Let me know if you have any questions.

I appreciate that Ghnkit. So VET TEC is separate from the VA's Voc Rehab. Where on their site would I begin the journey for VET TEC? Is it just look for the VET TEC then move forward?
Thanks for you time.
Brian
Yes it is separate.