VA wants another C & P Exam

Guam

PEB Forum Regular Member
So here's my situation. My package was sent in to AFPC on Jan 12, 2010. My condition is a Herniated L5-S1 w/ Stenosis/left leg Paresthesias/left foot drop. My PEBLO just informed me today that the VA wants another exam done for my left ankle which I twisted due to my condition. Will this prolong the IPEB outcome? If so, will the IPEB start all over or will they just make an amendment? I thought all my exams were over and done with. I'm just frustrated and in all sorts of pain. Jason, can you please chime in on my issue? Thank you all in advance.

They probably need more information to make a dession. I would comply. Not complying will probably slow things down more and would be unfavorable towards your case.

I agree... you should do the VA EXAM and play the game. Otherwise, if you don't play the game it could hurt you in the long run. That's why in the MED BOARD process you have to be patient. All the best to you!

So here's my situation. My package was sent in to AFPC on Jan 12, 2010. My condition is a Herniated L5-S1 w/ Stenosis/left leg Paresthesias/left foot drop. My PEBLO just informed me today that the VA wants another exam done for my left ankle which I twisted due to my condition. Will this prolong the IPEB outcome? If so, will the IPEB start all over or will they just make an amendment? I thought all my exams were over and done with. I'm just frustrated and in all sorts of pain. Jason, can you please chime in on my issue? Thank you all in advance.

If you are in the Pilot program (sounds like you are) then it won't cause the PEB to start over, it will likely just give a basis for a rating. I concur with the others comments, it makes sense to get this done and may help you in the long run (of course, if they were looking at a higher rating based on earlier exams and they show that you are less disabled, this could theoretically cause you to have a lower rating....seems pretty unlikely, though).

Best of luck!