VA

Rdavis04

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Can someone help ease my mind and help me out. My package was sent to the VA early February. I guess my question is... if it goes to the VA are you unfit? They said they have been working on proposed ratings but aren’t finished yet. Any help would be awesome.

Can someone help ease my mind and help me out. My package was sent to the VA early February. I guess my question is... if it goes to the VA are you unfit? They said they have been working on proposed ratings but aren’t finished yet. Any help would be awesome.
What was your package...results?

It is my understanding the IDES process includes the following:
Once the PEBLO has gathered the medical record, the Service member’s case is transferred to the Military Service Coordinator (MSC), a VA employee. The MSC works with the Service member to identify all claimed conditions that are separate from those causing their referral into IDES. The MSC then schedules necessary VA medical examinations for all referred and claimed conditions. The examinations may be performed by a VA or VA-contracted doctor.

Are you speaking of the process in the preceding paragraph?

Regards,
Ron

No not that. Everything has already been done. The board has convened already and my case was sent to the VA. Just wondering if it was sent to the VA does that mean unfit?

No not that. Everything has already been done. The board has convened already and my case was sent to the VA. Just wondering if it was sent to the VA does that mean unfit?
I suspect you have already asked your PEBLO; he or she would be one of the first to know of the status.

Hopefully, someone else who has experienced the same process will chime in today. I will tag a couple of members who might be able to assist.

CC: @ chaplaincharlie @tony292 @Guardguy11 @oddpedestrian @SFC H

Good luck,
Ron

The IPEB only send unfit cases to the VA, fit determinations get sent to the PEBLO.

IPEB
The IPEB consists of at least two (2) board members, including at least one physician. The IPEB will make a
fit/unfit determination. A fit determination will be sent to the PEBLO.
1) If the IPEB finds you are unfit for continued service, they will list the conditions which make you unfit. The unfit
determination will be forwarded to the Department of Veterans Administration Rating Board (DVARB).

The IPEB only send unfit cases to the VA, fit determinations get sent to the PEBLO.

IPEB
The IPEB consists of at least two (2) board members, including at least one physician. The IPEB will make a
fit/unfit determination. A fit determination will be sent to the PEBLO.
1) If the IPEB finds you are unfit for continued service, they will list the conditions which make you unfit. The unfit
determination will be forwarded to the Department of Veterans Administration Rating Board (DVARB).

Thank you! if you don’t mind me asking where did you get that information from?

“During the process, a service member’s case is reviewed by two boards: the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) and the Physical Evaluation Board (PEB). The MEB first reviews the case and determines which of the service member’s conditions are medically unacceptable. The MEB then submits a report to the PEB.
DoD disability is given to disabled veterans
Next, the PEB reviews the case and officially decides which conditions qualify for DoD Disability. To qualify, each condition must meet the requirements for Service-Connection and Unfit For Duty.

Military Disability Ratings are then assigned by the VA to each of the conditions that qualify through the Integrated Disability Evaluation System. These ratings are based on the laws of the VASRD, and they determine (1) whether the service member will be Medically Separated or Medically Retired, and (2) the exact type and quantity of DoD Disability the service member will receive.”

“During the process, a service member’s case is reviewed by two boards: the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) and the Physical Evaluation Board (PEB). The MEB first reviews the case and determines which of the service member’s conditions are medically unacceptable. The MEB then submits a report to the PEB.
DoD disability is given to disabled veterans
Next, the PEB reviews the case and officially decides which conditions qualify for DoD Disability. To qualify, each condition must meet the requirements for Service-Connection and Unfit For Duty.

Military Disability Ratings are then assigned by the VA to each of the conditions that qualify through the Integrated Disability Evaluation System. These ratings are based on the laws of the VASRD, and they determine (1) whether the service member will be Medically Separated or Medically Retired, and (2) the exact type and quantity of DoD Disability the service member will receive.”

Thank you so much. So it’s safe to say I was unfit if it’s at the VA and getting rated?

Thank you so much. So it’s safe to say I was unfit if it’s at the VA and getting rated?

If your package was sent to the VA you have been found unfit. That doesn't say anything about your ratings, just that you have been found unfit for military service. You can call 1-401-223-3700 and talk the VA D-RAS people to see if they have received your file. They will tell you when they received it and if it has been assigned to a case manager.

yes! With VA for ratings mean the PEB found you unfit. Hope that’s what you’re wanting. No it’s just a continued waiting game for ratings to come back and be processed by PEB. I have heard 45-60 days for that all to occur from
People posting here on the forum just as a time expectation.