Vandenberg AFB Timeline, almost complete

Bakebake7621

Registered Member
Timeline:

Oct 15: Diagnosed with Asthma

Mar 16: Coded, case sent to IRILO

Apr 16: Returned to Duty w/ code

Oct 16: AFPC request med records

Oct 16: PCM doesn't sent records, makes note member is separating from the military and MDG has decides against MEB (all this done without my knowledge)

Jan 17: Attempt to reenlist and AFPC denies and again request medical records. SGH looks into what happened. Finds out what PCM did, rips PCM a new one and sends records to AFPC personally.

Jan 17: AFPC request full MEB, no reenlistment

Feb 17: Start MEB with VA claims, etc.

Apr 17: Contract ends, placed on medical hold

Apr 17: VA Appts

May 22, 17: The Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) at your base Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) sent your Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) package to the Air Force Personnel Center Physical Disability Operations Branch. The Physical Disability Operations team is reviewing your package to ensure the documentation is current and complete.

May 25th: Your disability case was sent to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Disability Rating Activity Site (DRAS) to provide a proposed rating decision and rationale for any unfitting conditions you may have.

July 26th, 17: Your Air Force Form 356, Findings and Recommended Disposition of USAF Physical Evaluation Board was sent to the Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) at your base Medical Treatment Facility. Your PEBLO will explain the Informal Physical Evaluation Board findings and recommended disposition. You can request a copy for your personal records. Your PEBLO will contact you within 24 hours of receipt of your AF Form 356 findings from the IPEB. If the PEBLO has not contacted you after 24 hours of receipt of this email notification, please contact them.

July 27th, 17: Signed accepted ratings

Aug 3rd, 17: VA exit interview

Now I'm awaiting orders. Wish everyone good luck. I ended up with 30% DoD and 80% VA, permanent retirement. Claimed 11 items. I doubt my commander will give me any PTDY days. Currently sitting on 74 days of leave.

Keep us updated. I'm curious what will happen with your PTDY and leave balance.

I would hope your commander would grant PTDY or have a great mission related reason for denial.

good news, orders dropped today. I signed for my ratings Thursday, so they generated very quickly. My commander has authorized me 20 days PTDY. With my 75 days of leave and a retirement date of 21 Oct there will not be enough time for me to take all my leave. They told me to take PTDY, see how many days are left until the 21st of Oct after that and then apply for terminal and they'll give me money for any unused leave.

Congrats

So is your retirement date not calculated based off of your maximum authorized PTDY plus any leave you have left? Anf congrats!

So is your retirement date not calculated based off of your maximum authorized PTDY plus any leave you have left? Anf congrats!
Hello, no, you have just under 3 months to outprocess, take PTDY, and use any terminal leave left in that timeframe. You can request an extension to use all of your annual leave for terminal leave, but I haven't seen anyone be successful in doing that. That's why I'm keeping my leave balance around 30 days.

Interesting. So theoretically the faster you outprocess, the more terminal you get to take? I guess that makes sense!

Actually the only reason why I wasn't able to take all my leave is because my medical extension ends Oct 21st. They ask you if there's a date you'd like to separate/retire and try and accommodate as best as possible. I could have took my leave but I would have had to go through all the extension paperwork again. I didn't want to spend time routing all that stuff.

My PEBLO came and notified me of my orders. She actually gave me the RIP thing. After you get that she didn't tell me but I ended up going to promotions/separation and they emailed me instructions on how to get my orders etc. Since I'm getting retired there's these briefings and you have to fill out your DD-214 before you can get your checklist and orders.

Yes, technically the faster I outprocess the faster I can go on terminal. I'm gonna take the full PTDY days they gave me (20) to do all the out-processing and TMO and stuff since I'm here to the end of the month because my apt anyways. During the 20 PTDY days you don't have to show up to work so it's free leave to square you away. This is making it so I'll probably get a check for 30 days of leave, which should be close to $2500. So I'm making money off this PTDY. It happens really fast. Like I said, my orders dropped yesterday. Started PTDY today. I'm done at work.

Had my VA exit interview. Getting ready tomorrow to get my first taste of the VA. Going to go over and get my VA card. Hopefully the wait doesn't kill me. Thanks for the congrats, hopefully everyone has a better or similar outcome.

good news, orders dropped today. I signed for my ratings Thursday, so they generated very quickly. My commander has authorized me 20 days PTDY. With my 75 days of leave and a retirement date of 21 Oct there will not be enough time for me to take all my leave. They told me to take PTDY, see how many days are left until the 21st of Oct after that and then apply for terminal and they'll give me money for any unused leave.
Can you choose to work all the way to retirement date and then get paid for unused leave? Or, if you choose to not use your leave, will they just make your retirement date sooner?

Great news. Glad the PTDY worked out.