VARR going on 5 months; this can't be normal - HELP!!!!!!

readytoretire

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
OK here's the BLUFF:

- Began MEB process 19 Sept 2013
- was found unfit for two conditions: DOD 30% - VA 90%/ I have over 20 Active Federal Service Years
- FPEB Aug 2014 - It went very well. The board was professional and receptive
- FPEB determined that I should be found unfit for one condition that I requested an IMR for earlier in the process
- FPEB forwarded my file back to the VA requesting reevaluation in Aug 2014
- It is now Jan 2015 and I STILL HAVE NO RATINGS FOR 1 CONDITION!!! (sorry for the caps, frustrated!)
- In the interim I have recently been diagnosed with Lupus, being treated for a blood clot in my leg and sickle cell symptoms surfacing and was denied access into the WTB for not meeting the entrance criteria (really???????)
- Side note I have found out the WTB does not like to accept those already in the MEB process

Does anyone have any idea or experience with VARR's taking so long and any advice on who can help? I have already gone to; Patient advocacy, Ombudsman and two yes two congressional complaints all to no avail. Peblo still says nothing is back, waiting on the VA. MSC says my case was somehow taken outside of the normal process and is being handled by a DRO - Decision Review Officer (anyone have knowledge of this???) Ebenifits still says review of evidence.
Meanwhile the unit wants me out because I have so many medical issues and appointments. Any advice is appreciated!

YellowHammer

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Mine took about that long. Turns out the VA sent the ratings to the PEB but they got lost in transit somehow. The VA said they were waiting on the Army (for a DD214) and the PEB said they were waiting on VARR results creating a real mess. It took a lot of emails, phone calls, and a conversation with a congressional staffer to get the VARR people to resend 1 email.

Good luck

readytoretire

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
That's horrible YellowHammer that it took so long! It's like those that operate the system forget that behind these files and emails are real people. I will keep pushing on. Thanks for sharing.

Turtlebox

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Speaking of the VARR, does the ARMY let you stay in until the VARR is complete?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">