Vitamin Deficencies

I am glad to say that two months on a gluten free diet and I feel great. I have started to loose weight, I do have more energy, and my IBS symptoms have all but disappeared. I can now eat a ton of veggies and salads, which i thought was the cause of my IBS. Vitamin levels are coming up and so is my Iron. I have been taking prenatal vitamins with Iron. May sound strange but it has helped.

You may not realize how many people out there may have Celiac Sprue or how many more have a gluten sensitivity.

I too have had a huge change occur since I cut gluten from my diet and when I do slip I notice a HUGE change in my fatigue. The fatigue hits me hard. I have had to stop working full time a year ago because the fatigue was so horrible. I fell asleep at the wheel all the time after a couple months of full time work. Proper diet is HUGE in managing fatigue and pain levels with FM. I have figured that out after 12yrs with it.

Ok, I am going to take a chance here and suggest something....Have any of you watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead? It is a documentary on a man's journey to change his quickly deteriorating health. Although you do not have to be fat to benefit from watching this Documentary. I starting "juicing" as they put it and it helped tremendously with my energy levels as well as immune system and healing benefits resulted from it as well. I can not, can not reiterate how it helped. I was discharged with Fibromyalgia, have suffered years from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, migrains, parasthesias, and IBS. It is worth a try....

Would love to learn how, a lot of my friends are doing that and feel better. Got to get a juicer first.

I know this is an old post but just reading it. I have been taking Vit D 50,000 ui weekly for approx 3 years with little noticable affects. I have been on many pain medications since 2008 and in 2010 felt like I could not keep myself awake. Some days I will sleep 18+ hours and eat and go right back to bed, Doc said CFS and that Vit D would help, well it didn't so I seen a advertisement a couple weeks ago about low testoserone <-- Spell check, and asked my Doc about it. Did blood work and I called to find out results, they told me that all my levels were VERY low and I have a appt tomorrow to discuss a plan. I told the Doc that I didn't have any problems downstairs/(in the bedroom) and he said that having low testoserone doesn't always mean you'll have problems in that area. So just wanted to share my experience with everyone with CFS and see if this may be their issue also. I will post when Doc gives me something and let everyone know what the outcome is.

I know this is an old post but just reading it. I have been taking Vit D 50,000 ui weekly for approx 3 years with little noticable affects. I have been on many pain medications since 2008 and in 2010 felt like I could not keep myself awake. Some days I will sleep 18+ hours and eat and go right back to bed, Doc said CFS and that Vit D would help, well it didn't so I seen a advertisement a couple weeks ago about low testoserone <-- Spell check, and asked my Doc about it. Did blood work and I called to find out results, they told me that all my levels were VERY low and I have a appt tomorrow to discuss a plan. I told the Doc that I didn't have any problems downstairs/(in the bedroom) and he said that having low testoserone doesn't always mean you'll have problems in that area. So just wanted to share my experience with everyone with CFS and see if this may be their issue also. I will post when Doc gives me something and let everyone know what the outcome is.

I suffered from chronic fatigue for years and the army docs said I had a somatoform disorder (funny cause I was going to school at night to be a therapist). About a month before I ETSed I saw a civilian doc and found out my Testosterone was extremely low. A month after injections I feel great! Interesting article from UW: http://www.washington.edu/news/2013...uld-cause-pituitary-deficiencies-in-war-vets/

Interestingly enough my vitamin D was extremely low and my B12 was also borderline. No solution so far for those except keep taking the vitamin D supplements and monthly B12 injections.

This is really intersting. I'm an EOD tech with TBI and I looked at my blood panels and my Vit D was '30'. Or on the borderline of being low.

Who do you go see to get your testosteron level checked? I have many of the symptoms and I'm only 37. Any advice?

Doubt its diet. My D level was initially a 12, anything less than 30 is cause for concern (thats what they told me). I was prescibed 50,000 IU capsule once a week. When my initial prescription ran out, I stayed off of it for a month before my new levels were drawn. After a month without it was a 15. The good thing is that since I've been taking vitamin D I've been able to completely titrate off of Zoloft and I feel much better.

Hi Robert, hope your still on here. I in 2016 came down and was diagnosed with a lot of things. I too have a Vit D and B12 issue. When I'm not taking the once a week 50K IU pill my Vit D sinks way below the flags. I haven't been told anything by the VA other than it's a symptom. I've asked them to look at the presumptive for Gulf War or Multi chronic illness as I also have gastro, neurological, fatigue and other symptoms. My civilian doctor is the one that treats me for the Vit D and B12 issues but my question is, is there a diagnosis that this could lead to that you have found out or diagnosed by a doctor that I can do some research on?

I am glad to say that two months on a gluten free diet and I feel great. I have started to loose weight, I do have more energy, and my IBS symptoms have all but disappeared. I can now eat a ton of veggies and salads, which i thought was the cause of my IBS. Vitamin levels are coming up and so is my Iron. I have been taking prenatal vitamins with Iron. May sound strange but it has helped.

You may not realize how many people out there may have Celiac Sprue or how many more have a gluten sensitivity.
I had sever disentary and E-coli in Syria. I have had low vitamin-d levels, fatigue, gastro issues like IBS. I also suffered a TBI and PTSD issues. Did any other diets to medicines work for you?