script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

VR&E

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Has anyone heard of the command allowing someone to complete OJT (on the job training) or NPWE (Non-Paid Work Experience) through the VR&E program while waiting for the PEB results to come back? I choose a virtual SkillBridge program that, while great for long term, still has me at the command and it's a very bad environment here.

X inacircle

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Has anyone heard of the command allowing someone to complete OJT (on the job training) or NPWE (Non-Paid Work Experience) through the VR&E program while waiting for the PEB results to come back? I choose a virtual SkillBridge program that, while great for long term, still has me at the command and it's a very bad environment here.
I'm enrolled in the VR&E program but I cannot recall if I am able to begin schooling on AD or not. Myself and my coordinator are waiting for my final date to finish the enrollment process. However, you might want to check out Operation Warfighter as it seems they only work with Active Duty prior to getting out. I don't know where you are, but just contact the corresponding person in your region. More info here: Operation Warfighter

Reactions: POG

adamst2020

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
you chose a skill bridge but were at the command?

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
you chose a skill bridge but were at the command?
Yes, I chose Onward to Opportunity which is more for certifications. It's a great program and I've interacted and met a lot of great people and the networking has been superb, but outside of the 3 days of zoom call the rest is self paced. Wish I had done something else at this point

adamst2020

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ahh yeah that will do it, Chapter 31 you have to have a valid disability rating, so chances are you won't be able to do it during AD

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
well didn't you get a chapter 31 rep?

Call them and talk to them
Nope, I got referred out of San Diego and wasn't provided the information of a rep. Apparently Camp Pendleton has one but not San Diego and Google searches are fruitless, so I applied for VR&E through the VA website and I'm waiting for approval.

BrokenVet

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My experience with VR&E was my rep basically shooting down everything I wanted to do because it would “effect my disability”. My spine injury will be effected by everything I do for the rest of my life so I said fuck it and dropped from VR&E because they kept trying to push me away from what I wanted to do.

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My experience with VR&E was my rep basically shooting down everything I wanted to do because it would “effect my disability”. My spine injury will be effected by everything I do for the rest of my life so I said fuck it and dropped from VR&E because they kept trying to push me away from what I wanted to do.
Well fuck me sideways, I have a spine injury too. I'm going to see if I can get prescribed a ergonomic lumbar chair and a desk stand (it's a thing, my buddy got those prescribed by pain management) and see if with that I can get around the "everything is gonna hurt you, so live your life in a bubble" aspect.

BrokenVet

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
That’s why I quit. My physical therapist literally told me if I stop moving and just work a desk job my back will hurt way worse than if I have a light activity type job. I refuse to be told what I can and can’t do for the rest of my life because I got injured.

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
That’s why I quit. My physical therapist literally told me if I stop moving and just work a desk job my back will hurt way worse than if I have a light activity type job. I refuse to be told what I can and can’t do for the rest of my life because I got injured.
I work a desk job, hence the username. My back hurts and can't do anything about it, work wise. That's why I'm trying to get those things prescribed so it can help for the 10 hours a day I'm at work

BrokenVet

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I work a desk job, hence the username. My back hurts and can't do anything about it, work wise. That's why I'm trying to get those things prescribed so it can help for the 10 hours a day I'm at work

Yeah I have 4 herniated discs and a few bulging discs in my neck and upper back. Painful as hell. I am in aviation but I don’t do anything at work anymore. I just try to alternate between sitting, walking around my shop and stretching throughout the day to help anyway I can. I didn’t know you could get a lumbar support chair prescribed to you I’ll have to ask for that.

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah I have 4 herniated discs and a few bulging discs in my neck and upper back. Painful as hell. I am in aviation but I don’t do anything at work anymore. I just try to alternate between sitting, walking around my shop and stretching throughout the day to help anyway I can. I didn’t know you could get a lumbar support chair prescribed to you I’ll have to ask for that.
I didn't either but apparently it has to be prescribed from pain management, my local clinic told me no and gave me a referral to pain management instead to get it from them.

BrokenVet

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah I’ve been going to pain management for injections but they never even mentioned any lumbar support chairs or braces or anything. Kinda annoyed now that I think about it.

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah I’ve been going to pain management for injections but they never even mentioned any lumbar support chairs or braces or anything. Kinda annoyed now that I think about it.
I didn't know it was a thing til my buddy showed me his prescription