Wait Time For Providence, RI

Tony22

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello,

My package was sent up about five weeks ago. It was received on 08/23 by the PEB. Many of the Marines in my unit have been getting their findings back within or at most 4 weeks. Though I don't believe they submitted such a large claim as I have. I know how slow and unreliable Ebenefits can really be. It managed to update maybe a week or two ago to "Review of Evidence, Evidence past due". My EAS originally and currently still is in October though they are waiting as long as they can before extending me or 9'ing me out.

Currently I'm on the board for bilateral Cubital Tunnel Syndrome Severe in the Right Arm and Mild in the Left Arm (Peripheral Nerves). My left arm had not been included so I submitted a rebuttal to where the MED board doctor state there is no documentation that anything is wrong with my left arm (4th page of my medical record). An issue I hope they will address right away. At the moment I am the second longest waiting on my findings at 5 weeks which is pretty good compared to what I have been reading for the West Coast.

Here is a list of the claims I submitted. Most are documented in my medical record:

bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome
bilateral ulnar nerve condition
scars
back condition
flatfoot, bilateral
knee condition bilateral
neck condition
sleep disturbances
elbow condition, bilateral
wrist condition, bilateral
migraine
bilateral shin condition
ankle condition, bilateral
heartburn
hearing loss
tinnitus
anxiety condition
myositis
shoulder condition, bilateral
acne (New

Hey man,
I am out of lejeune, My package was sent out of here on 8/12 and was found unfit by the PEB in DC on the 8/21. I have a long list of stuff claimed as well. I still havent heard anything, but I do know with the whole Navy yard incident our process may be delayed for awhile. They were closed almost 5 days so that would probably push everything back. I would call your meb counselor who sent your stuff off and ask them to tell you when you were found unfit. It should be about 30 days or so from then. And dont look on ebenefits all it does it make you want to know more. Hope this helped

I know it does not help, but mine was sent from Lejeune as well but on 07Aug13, been in contact with the MSC every other week.

He states, "They won't actually notify us as to what the PEB determines. If they find you fit they'll send it right back here but you would have heard something by now. They should be doing your ratings at the VA right now. I know I hate this waiting game but I'll definitely let you know if they call me for anything. Main thing is making sure they do it right and not miss anything when they complete the ratings."

In my line of work they call that the bob and weave... Basically he says he wont get the notification of unfit. Which leave the PEBLO who as I understand it is the only one for CLNC due to one PCS and one on baby leave.... who has the 7 or 8th highest MEDBRD in the nation... Rah.

Thank you for the replies. What happened at the naval yard is so unfortunate. I never thought to see whether or not they were still going about the daily routine. I try not to check ebenefits too often. Time has been flying by so I pop on there to see if there is a little change. My Peblo said that I will most likely get out around the sametime.

Hey You Who's. Ha jk.
But I am in the same boat. My package is in RI. I was found unfit 8/27 and sent to the VA for ratings on 9/3. I have not heard anything as of yet. But I only found out that I was unfit by calling my PEBLO for another question and he checked "the system" and found that out for me. He said that my results should come back any day now, but no more than 2 weeks. I hope he isn't setting me up! He also said that he is seeing a fast turn around time for his cases as well being 4-6 weeks, so thats positive I guess. My EAS isn't until Dec 2014 of next year but like you Tony22, I had a semi long list of claims along with the unfitting one, but i would love to be out by at lease Dec (or at least on terminal) of this year so I can be in school full time by the spring (Jan). So, just like you I am impatiently waiting. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. But as it sits now I have about 48 days of leave, we are said to get 20 days PTAD for transition out. Can I essentially roll my PTAD into my terminal if i'm going to have over 60 days or is that a "command discretion" type thing?

Last edited:
My buddy just got found out the answer to that PTAD question. So here it is. After you approve your package and sign the okay for your ratings, you package gets sent off again. And in about 2 weeks check your MOL for your new EAS date. Once you have that date you can go to IPAC and ask them when you can leave. What they will do is is take your leave and add 20 days to it. Then they will subtract those days from your EAS. You will have to get your company 1stSgt and Battalion peeps to sign it too. My buddy just got approved for 62 days of leave plus 20 days PTAD. So unless your command are total dicks you should be good. And when it comes to medical boards they should be pretty cool anyway. The faster they get you out the door the faster they can get a dude for deployment. And if you are in wounded warrior they will give you the hookup so I heards. By the way let me know if any one get their stuff back, we are all close together and I would love to know something soon, and if you all get your stuff that means i get some hope too. Hope that helps. And yes i would love to be home in December too. Not sure about you all but a christmas home in the states sounds pretty sweet to me.

How does the new EAS work? Can you request the date so that you will not have to sell back any of your leave or will HQMC just assign you a date? I read something that said once you get your findings back that you could except and add the date that you would want to be separated. Sometimes if you call the VA you can get a nice phone rep that might give you some insight on your case, and sometimes you get the ones with the "Shut mouth" that doesnt say anything but WAIT. Any who, I will be keeping you all up to date on my status as I hope you all do the same. Lets KEEP HOPE ALIVE.. ahah RAH!!

Hello fellow Marines,

Just observing your wait times, my package was sent to PEB on 9/20 and was wondering how long I should expect for an unfit/fit memo? It seems they won't notify you unless you contact them and have them check the system. Is this the same for everyone? Thanks for any input.

I want to say that I signed my package to be sent to the PEB on Aug 5th, they found me unfit on Aug 27th. I did not get notified or anything. I happened to call my PEBLO because I was looking into VocRehab and needed a memorandum rating. He checked the system and BOOM, there it was. It was sent to the VA Aug 29th, and the VA received it for rating Sept 3rd. And here I stand in limbo, waiting patiently! FYI, I had quite a few claims but only 2 unfitting conditions

Just out of curiosity, what did your ebenefits status say once you were found unfit?

marinechix26,
I have no clue about setting an EAS date. I do feel it would be possible if you add in at least 45 days of check out time. If you get retired it will be the 2nd to the last day of the month. That way you will get continuous pay. Thats all I got about that. I will let you know more especially if once i get all my stuff back

Just out of curiosity, what did your ebenefits status say once you were found unfit?

Frank 4747,
ebenefits, wont actually post anything as far as your ratings. It will update saying your initial VA claim has been posted. Other than that i have heard it wont update anything until you have actually signed everything and you become a veteran. I will let you know more as i know more.

Hello fellow Marines,

Just observing your wait times, my package was sent to PEB on 9/20 and was wondering how long I should expect for an unfit/fit memo? It seems they won't notify you unless you contact them and have them check the system. Is this the same for everyone? Thanks for any input.

Give your med board counselor a call the end of next week he/she may look it up for you to see if your are deemed unfit.

If you are in Lejeune, there is only one PEBLO and one Clerk who have been "without" internet sonce Friday (so much for 3 day notification) .... I also called the DAV, my MSC, and the PEBLO's office who all told me that either 1. they dont know what a unfit memo is or 2. we dont get notification of those.

There has got to be someone in DC that sees that there is only one PEBLO for the 7 or 8th most busy Base in the nation for MEBBRD's...

Ebennies has not moved, It still says "Under Review" as of 3/5/2013..smh My package wasn't even pushed to the PEB until Aug 5th and I was found unfit on Aug 27th.

Woomp Woomp Woomp!! NOthing as of now. I prayed for patience and they always say be careful what you pray for because God will put you in situations to build it up. Needless to say, I'm in my builiding phase. I did call my PEBLO today to ask if there was any word and he said.... you guessed it "NO". My focus has shifted from worrying about this process to doing other things. I'm in school full time this semester so it takes up alot of my time and yes I'm still working but I'm at a command where the workload is minimum. Keep us all informed everyone.

Today marks 7 days since my package was sent to the PEB. I have seen some get unfit memos within 7 days but I think I should wait until next week to check for an answer. Wish you all the best, what a terrible limbo position to be in!

Im out of balboa hospital (I'm Navy) and my package was sent to the PEB board on 22 AUG 2013 and was found unfit and my package was sent and recieved to VA RI on 29 AUG 2013 and have been waiting since. i found out my unfitness by just asking the PEBLO and he looked me up and told me.

When you say PEBLO, are you talking about the civilian case manager that builds your case or the military personnel in the IDES office? I get confused on which is actually the "PEBLO"?