Jones1007

Registered Member
So to start off, I was referred to MEB on 23 Jan 19 for Lumbosacral DDD and it all went pretty quick up until now, I got the call that the PEB found me unfit on 22 Mar 19 and was told Im pretty much just waiting for ratings at this point, I know the VA takes some time to get ratings back, Im just looking for some advice to kind of figure out when I may get them back. I have tried to check the MEB/PEB dashboard on AKO and it has yet to be updated and none of the dates on ebenefits or va.gov line up with anything and my peblo doesn't update me and just gives me the run around. Does anyone else have some insight on how long it usually takes?

6-10 weeks is what I am told. I am waiting as well. I was found unfit 19 Mar 19.

The waiting is the hardest part. The timing is in constant flux. You can check out the VA's Monday Morning Report online. But it only provides averages by VA regions, not specifics about your case.

If I remember correctly, mine took about 2 months. That was in 2015.

Check VA.GOV for you claim status. Also If you login the Home - VA/DoD eBenefits you can click on disabilities under my profile, then click view pending claim in the pending claims box. This will give you a detailed description of where your claim is within the VA Process. In some cases you can also see the est. time for completion. Good Luck!

Ebenefits shows my claim status as "Preparation for decision" does anyone possibly know how long that stage usually takes?

Ebenefits shows my claim status as "Preparation for decision" does anyone possibly know how long that stage usually takes?
All I can tell you is what happening with me Va received my stuff on 26 March and then on April 11 my claim changed to preparation for decision its been there since. I talked to Peb in DC today, and they said va is averaging 1-2 months for proposed ratings then they send it back to them and that's another 2-3 weeks before you receive your findings. Hope that helps

MEB found me unfit on February 15th and sent it to the PEB.

I'm still waiting.......

MEB found me unfit on February 15th and sent it to the PEB.

I'm still waiting.......
That's rough... I was found unfit on 3 May. Still waiting... I finally got my MSC to open an inquiry with the VA. I am supposed to call back on 9 August.