Waiting on final CRSC payment estimate.

Hunter730

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi Ron, first thanks for all your doing in helping understand the CRSC system.
I have the typical %20 agent orange from VA. I have 23 years 9 months getting retirement from USAF. About 7 years is AD the rest national guard time. I am guessing $2,500 for high three with spouse. Could you give me an estimate on what I submitted? Thanks again for any help. Stuart

@Ron will probably agree with me here, the lesser of the two between Longevity and 20%VA will be $276.84.

Hunter730,

I agree with RaiderX.

1. (7 x 0.025) = 17.5% longevity multiplier. Note: What is your active duty equivalent (if you are reserve /NG)?
2. (2500 hi 3 x 0.0175= 437.50 longevity portion of retired pay
3. Per Raider, 276.84 is 20% CRSC.

Comments.
a. High three is unrelated to having a spouse.
b. Your DoD disability retirement percentage (for disability retired pay) was not provided so that could not determine if you have residual retired pay.
c. You did not provide your VA percentage or amount...so the amount of waiver could not be determined. Is the 20% your full VA compensation percentage?
Based on limited info, your CRSC is 276.84. However, much of the necessary info is missing. See my signature block for required info. That list accompanies every post I make here.

Are you receiving reserve retirement pay at this time? If so, please provide all the info on page one of your DFAS RAS.

This is the info needed for a CRSC estimate:
1. Percentage of disability retirement: 40% [example]
2. Disability Retirement from Retirement orders: 11 yrs 3 months [example]
3. Retiree Account Statement under pay description, Gross Pay, $1,869 and VA Waiver $3,501.16 [example]
Or
Average high three base pay and VA compensation amount
Please indicate which you are furnishing.
4. Number and categories of dependents: spouse and 2 children under 18 [example]
5. Qualify for another retirement? I also qualify for a regular (20 yr) retirement [example]

Regards,
Ron

Hunter730,

I agree with RaiderX.

1. (7 x 0.025) = 17.5% longevity multiplier. Note: What is your active duty equivalent (if you are reserve /NG)?
2. (2500 hi 3 x 0.0175= 437.50 longevity portion of retired pay
3. Per Raider, 276.84 is 20% CRSC.

Comments.
a. High three is unrelated to having a spouse.
b. Your DoD disability retirement percentage (for disability retired pay) was not provided so that could not determine if you have residual retired pay.
c. You did not provide your VA percentage or amount...so the amount of waiver could not be determined. Is the 20% your full VA compensation percentage?
Based on limited info, your CRSC is 276.84. However, much of the necessary info is missing. See my signature block for required info. That list accompanies every post I make here.

Are you receiving reserve retirement pay at this time? If so, please provide all the info on page one of your DFAS RAS.

This is the info needed for a CRSC estimate:
1. Percentage of disability retirement: 40% [example]
2. Disability Retirement from Retirement orders: 11 yrs 3 months [example]
3. Retiree Account Statement under pay description, Gross Pay, $1,869 and VA Waiver $3,501.16 [example]
Or
Average high three base pay and VA compensation amount
Please indicate which you are furnishing.
4. Number and categories of dependents: spouse and 2 children under 18 [example]
5. Qualify for another retirement? I also qualify for a regular (20 yr) retirement [example]

Regards,
Ron, right now my VA rating is %20. I have 23 years for retirement 7 AD and the rest in reserve duty. I am collecting $947 monthly from DFAS in retirement. Have spouse no other dependents living at home. Hope this helps, thanks again Stuart
Ron

Ron, I have been retired since 2007. I recently filed with VA 3/2019 regarding agent orange. Was awarded a 20% disability rating. Have done the waiver and filed with CRSC. Stuart

Ron, I have been retired since 2007. I recently filed with VA 3/2019 regarding agent orange. Was awarded a 20% disability rating. Have done the waiver and filed with CRSC. Stuart
Ron, right now my VA rating is %20. I have 23 years for retirement 7 AD and the rest in reserve duty. I am collecting $947 monthly from DFAS in retirement. Have spouse no other dependents living at home. Hope this helps, thanks again Stuart
Based on the limited information available, your CRSC would be: $276.84

However, for an accurate estimate, I will need the following:

1. What type retirement do your have? Examples: REGULAR, RESERVE, TERA, DISABILITY
2. If you have a disability retirement, what percentage retirement did the DoD award? Example: 50% DoD disability retirement
3. If you have a reserve retirement what was your activity duty equivalent (total points divided by 360)? Example: My active duty equivalent was 10 years 7 months
4. What is the gross retired pay on page one of your DFAS RAS?

Comment: Your CRSC would not be more than $276.84.
I am trying to determine if there is residual retired pay in a Chapter 61 retirement case. I suspect you have either a CH 61 disability retirement or a reserve/NG retirement since 7 years active duty does not qualify one for a regular retirement. There is also the possibility of a reserve retirement based on the limited info.

Please provide answers to items 1-4.

Ron

Ron, would be reserve retirement I believe. Had four years active duty then came back in years later in the Air Guard. No DOD disability. I believe points were around 7,000 will need to check. Was placed on active duty about 3 years during my guard time. Hope this helps. Thanks Stuart

Did you begin to receive retired pay before age 60?

Ron

Hello Stewart,

In view of the new information of “no DoD disability” it appears you attained =>7200 reserve points resulting in an AD retirement.

Since there is not a disability retirement factor to consider, your CRSC is straight forward.

Retired pay: Reduced by $276.84 VA compensation amount
CRSC: Paid at $276.84
VA compensation: Paid at $276.84

Sorry...most of the CRSC cases presented here are more complex due to the disability retirement factor and associated laws.

Ron