Waived FPEB...???

Hopesfall333

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was recommended from OAC to waive my FPEB and request a one time reconsideration from the VA. What is the timeline for the VA to come back with ratings a second time? Hopefully not as long as it initially took! What are the pros and cons of waiving my FPEB. The way it was explained to me is that the Air Force is not going to change their ratings unless the VA does...so going to the board would be pointless. I've submitted all my documents to the OAC and waiting on them to send a new 1180 to sign. Man this process is stressful. Thanks for replies in advance.

Ask the AOC if he/she can ask for the FPEB be postponed pending the VARR. If the VARR gives you what you need, then the FPEB could be waived.

Ask the AOC if he/she can ask for the FPEB be postponed pending the VARR. If the VARR gives you what you need, then the FPEB could be waived.

The way it was explained to me is that I have to waive one to do the other... Once the VARR is over there is no more tries (boards) for the AF.

I was recommended from OAC to waive my FPEB and request a one time reconsideration from the VA. What is the timeline for the VA to come back with ratings a second time? Hopefully not as long as it initially took! What are the pros and cons of waiving my FPEB. The way it was explained to me is that the Air Force is not going to change their ratings unless the VA does...so going to the board would be pointless. I've submitted all my documents to the OAC and waiting on them to send a new 1180 to sign. Man this process is stressful. Thanks for replies in advance.

I am going to be following this one. My PEBLO just explained this appeal process to me yesterday and it is not like pamphlet showed. I imagine I will be in a similar boat to you in having to decide to waive the FPEB and request the VARR.

You might call @Jason Perry at 800-576-5648 and pay his hourly rate to get his opinion. While the OAC is free, I think the dedicated attention of an outside attorney is worth the cost. Unfortunately, you don't have much time to work with so if you decide to seek his counsel, I would start soon.

If it kills me (which is a possibility) I am going to figure out a chat function with or without voice so I can easily communicate things.

The issue is not that complicated and while I am not trying to discourage paying attorneys for advice, I would rather just talk for a few minutes and clear up the issues.

If it kills me (which is a possibility) I am going to figure out a chat function with or without voice so I can easily communicate things.

The issue is not that complicated and while I am not trying to discourage paying attorneys for advice, I would rather just talk for a few minutes and clear up the issues.

Sir, do you know what discord is? You could set up a chatroom on discord with a password. Then people could log on and voice chat with you for as long as you like.