Walter Reed Timeline-USMC

@usmc0612 @USMC-0341 - either of you reach out to your PEBLOs today?

The newest JDETS tracker was pushed out this past Wed (06MAR2024). My package is still being voted on, but it's with the Presiding Officer now.
I did reach out to my PEBLO, specifically mentioning the JDETS tracker and the below is what I received back.

"VA DRAS has completed the ratings process on your case and have forwarded it to the PEB for completion of your Informal PEB Findings (DA199)."

Oddly enough, I'm not in the Army and so I won't be receiving a DA199 so at this point I'm just kind of done reaching out to my PEBLO for any kind of answers.

I did reach out to my PEBLO, specifically mentioning the JDETS tracker and the below is what I received back.

"VA DRAS has completed the ratings process on your case and have forwarded it to the PEB for completion of your Informal PEB Findings (DA199)."

Oddly enough, I'm not in the Army and so I won't be receiving a DA199 so at this point I'm just kind of done reaching out to my PEBLO for any kind of answers.
How do you see that tracker? My Peblo won't show me.

Goodness man. Just when I think that I have this entire process figured out, something else comes along and completely blows my entire understanding of the process out of the water.

You would expect that if your case is just floating around in the ether with no one actioning it that something would be done about that but I guess that's naive to think that way. Please keep us updated with any progress that you mind find out soon.
Just another perspective. I currently have the longest case in the PEB according to someone else's phone call at 49 days and I was told to wait a few more. I have seen anywhere from 30 days - 60 days in QA.

How do you see that tracker? My Peblo won't show me.
I haven't seen the tracker personally. My only insight that the tracker even exists comes from @pendingindefinitely who shared previously that the tracker was a thing.

My understanding is that the PEBLO's receive the tracker on a bi-weekly basis with the last update occurring on 06 March.

A year extension is insane. Is there something that you think is causing the delay? You should seriously consider submitting a congressional.
The year isn't obligated, it is a safety net to avoid another extension. Once you get your findings your EAS will be adjusted.

@usmc0612 @USMC-0341
Just called PEB Rep, my case is in QA... unsure if he meant QA Post-Adjudication or QA Ready (Post VA). Will confirm on Friday with PEBLO.

@USMC-0341 @usmc0612
I called again to clarify - case is QA Post VA, they're actively marrying up my VA/DoD ratings. Taking that as an unofficial unfit.

@USMC-0341 @usmc0612
I called again to clarify - case is QA Post VA, they're actively marrying up my VA/DoD ratings. Taking that as an unofficial u
@pendingindefinitely

Just called as well! Oddly enough, I wasn't going to call them until the end of the week and today at lunch, I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm in QA as well! I didn't ask which QA because I thought that there was only one, is that incorrect?

@USMC-0341

I would definitely give the PEB a ring and figure out when your QA started. That'll give you a better timeline on when to expect findings.

@usmc0612
What number are you using?

@pendingindefinitely

Just called as well! Oddly enough, I wasn't going to call them until the end of the week and today at lunch, I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm in QA as well! I didn't ask which QA because I thought that there was only one, is that incorrect?

@USMC-0341

I would definitely give the PEB a ring and figure out when your QA started. That'll give you a better timeline on when to expect findings.
@usmc0612
Hey, congrats!!! I was going to wait until Friday as well, but had a similar moment of weakness. Glad we called, though!

I had that same question, and the PEB representative clarified it for me: he told me there's actually three QA phases, with one not listed on the JDETS tracker:

(1) QA Post-Adjudication - once-over by all parties to ensure no glaring errors in fit/unfit decision. This is where either (a) ratings will be requested or (b) you'll be returned to duty.
(2) QA Ready (Post-VA) - the VA has completed and returned the ratings to the PEB, but the PEB has a number of cases ahead of your's that they're finalizing. (ie: "to do")
(3) QA (Post-VA) - VA/DoD ratings are actively being married up, documentation is being finalized for your PEBLO. (ie: "doing")

I'm assuming the JDETS tracker lumps (2) and (3) together which is why so many people seem to be stuck in (2) for so long. Some of it is actual waiting, but some of it is a person writing/finalizing everything you'll receive (I'm sure a lot of it is templated, but all this may end up in at an FPEB/possibly real court at the end of the day, so I imagine there's a decent amount of real QA involved).

Since the VA has already returned your ratings, I imagine you're at (2) or likely (3). Tomorrow (20MAR2024) will be the 2-week mark for the next JDETS tracker if they push it out on time. I'm sure by Friday your PEBLO will have something, though. Could also risk another call to the PEB to clarify! I try not to bother them too much, but anxiety gets the best of us all sometimes... definitely keep the group updated, seems like our crew is getting closer to some real news!

Last edited:
@usmc0612
Hey, congrats!!! I was going to wait until Friday as well, but had a similar moment of weakness. Glad we called, though!

I had that same question, and the PEB representative clarified it for me: he told me there's actually three QA phases, with one not listed on the JDETS tracker:

(1) QA Post-Adjudication - once-over by all parties to ensure no glaring errors in fit/unfit decision. This is where either (a) ratings will be requested or (b) you'll be returned to duty.
(2) QA Ready (Post-VA) - the VA has completed and returned the ratings to the PEB, but the PEB has a number of cases ahead of your's that they're finalizing. (ie: "to do")
(3) QA (Post-VA) - VA/DoD ratings are actively being married up, documentation is being finalized for your PEBLO. (ie: "doing")

I'm assuming the JDETS tracker lumps (2) and (3) together which is why so many people seem to be stuck in (2) for so long. Some of it is actual waiting, but some of it is a person writing/finalizing everything you'll receive (I'm sure a lot of it is templated, but all this may end up in at an FPEB/possibly real court at the end of the day, so I imagine there's a decent amount of real QA involved).

Since the VA has already returned your ratings, I imagine you're at (2) or likely (3). Tomorrow (20MAR2024) will be the 2-week mark for the next JDETS tracker if they push it out on time. I'm sure by Friday your PEBLO will have something, though. Could also risk another call to the PEB to clarify! I try not to bother them too much, but anxiety gets the best of us all sometimes... definitely keep the group updated, seems like our crew is getting closer to some real news!
@pendingindefinitely Hopefully there is some good news waiting for you on the updated JDETS tracker. I would assume that if we're being told that we're in the "QA Phase" and the VA has closed their side of things, that we would be in that QA (Post VA) phase; however, I probably shouldn't assume anything at this point with regards to the PEB and how they conduct business.

I'm in the same boat with not trying to bother the PEB too much because I know that findings will come when they come but it is nice having those milestone updates. Looking forward to mid-April for this group. I really believe that by that point, we will have or be nearing final dispositions.

@usmc0612 @USMC-0341

Just called MSC for own sanity - he confirmed, "PEB found you unfit 3/13". Just another resource to try if you need to hear those words as badly as I did.

@usmc0612 @pendingindefinitely
Gave the PEB a call today, My ratings came back from the VA March 8th, and I was told to expect roughly four weeks for ratings, given every other post on here is about how long the timelines are I'm sure that will move lol hopefully mid April is accurate

@USMC-0341
Hey, congrats!!! That's awesome news, we're all on the home stretch!

Hopefully they get everything right the first time and we'll be done with all of this relatively soon.

@USMC-0341 @usmc0612

Hey gang, just got my findings back - I'd give your PEBLOs a ring.

Total QA (Post-VA): 29 Days

@usmc0612

Thanks! Yeah, no formal board necessary: 80/100 (TDRL). TDRL is due to a single mental health (apparently this is legal requirement), but a number of others put me on PDRL no matter what happens at reevaluation, so I'm fine with it.

Even with the results, the VA still made glaring errors on a few unfit ratings, so I'm considering a VARR while I still have a private attorney commissioned (instead of doing VA appeals on my own once I'm out)... but I need to sleep on it, the idea of ending this awful process is definitely appealing.

Any news on your end?

@usmc0612

Thanks! Yeah, no formal board necessary: 80/100 (TDRL). TDRL is due to a single mental health (apparently this is legal requirement), but a number of others put me on PDRL no matter what happens at reevaluation, so I'm fine with it.

Even with the results, the VA still made glaring errors on a few ratings, so I'm considering a VARR while I still have a private attorney commissioned (instead of doing VA appeals on my own once I'm out)... but I need to sleep on it, the idea of ending this awful process is definitely appealing.

Any news on your end?
@pendingindefinitely man, that's great to hear!

Unfortunately, no news on my end and of course, the phones at the PEB are down. Ironically enough, I was trying to call to get an update at lunch and then you posted this!

With my case being accepted by the PEB on 12 Feb and my Post VA QA being 14 March. I'm really hoping that I'm right behind you.

@usmc0612

Oof, yeah - yours has to be any day now.

I'm pretty sure we're in the same batch, though, so I'd be surprised if you don't hear back in the next few days...

That being said (just to manage expectations), it seems like 45 days QA (Post-VA) is the norm... I was shocked to get the call today, honestly - I actually had my calendar marked with 29APR2023 as the starting point for potential findings.

Definitely let me know whenever you hear back (especially if you're thinking a VARR might be on the table, as well) - fingers crossed you get the results you're looking for, though!!