Want to be prepared for MEB physical

Mossybuck1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hello,

I am going for my MEB physical next week and I am currently in the WTU. I have made copies of all my medical records. I also have been keeping a headache journal for the last 18mos. Will I have to surrender them at the MEB? Can they just make copies?

Thanks

Mossybuck1

Hello!

I just went through the MEB/PEB for migraines and rated 50%. I made a copy of my journal and turned it in and/or used it to help providers with their documentation/narsum.

I did not "HAVE" to turn it in, I "wanted" to turn it in because it helped my case greatly.

About your medical records as well, I had the issue that they were only printing off whatever was on ALTHA and so if all you have in your hand is what is on the computer system, then they will make a copy of all your records for you by printing them off.

If you have things other then what is on ALTHA, I highly recommend making an extra copy of the copies you have because you are afforded the opportunity to turn them in to your PEBLO and/or whoever they designate the ability to. I would not count on being able to use their printers/copiers to make copies. Sometimes they are helpful and help you photocopy whatever it is you already have, sometimes they state you bring copies already or machine is broken or ...(Insert whatever can go wrong here)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Also, WELCOME TO THE BOARD and good luck!

Thanks.
I will start making copies of the journal so they are ready for next week. The neurologist still have not diagnosed migranes/tension or the injury to my neck that has me going to the MEB for an unacceptable ROM that has been documented on that ROM form, by both a PT and then an Orthopaedic doctor.

Mossybuck1

Sorry.
I am going to the MEB for the unacceptable ROM in my neck. They still are not sure if the headaches are migrane,tension or related to the neck injury. After 18+ mos.

Hello

They have not diagnosed what exactly my migraines are exactly. Too many diagnoses cover my symptoms and I have had also many external factors i.e. 6 concussions from IEDS, PTSD/Stress, Lack of sleep, etc..

The journal was helpful for the provider and myself though in finding some of the triggers, rate of attacks, amount of work missed, and keeping track of medications that work and ones that do not work or had really bad side effects i.e. metoclopramide and tordol are no nos.

The journal was helpful in the board/provider/narsum by showing the severity of attacks, rate of attacks, length and duration, how incapacitating they were, what medications were used or what treatments were sought.

Sorry I am not too familiar with ROM of the neck though. Someone else will have to step in with that one.

Back