Was going to separate but changed my mind

Toni

Registered Member
I already looked through the archive and can’t seem to find anyone with the same circumstances as me so I need some help. So I had planned on getting out at my EAOS Dec 28th. Did my VA claim in August and was doing my final physical on Tuesday when the I told the physician about my shoulder surgery and being diagnosed with nerve weakness in 2 major nerves. So as he was attempting to look through my record but he couldn’t see that my surgeon wrote that I was good to separate (due to computer issues) so he said he wouldn’t sign anything unless I had paperwork from him saying I’m good to go. I call my surgeon and he says he still believes I should get a med board. I agreed with him and started the paperwork. My final physical is on hold until my med board is over. Will seeing that he wrote I was good to separate and then clearly changed his mind a month later keep me from getting medically separated or retired? I’m an HT and I can’t do my job. I do paperwork all day in another division. Does my surgeon need to write something clarifying himself?

Yes, he does he especially needs to talk to your PCM so they both can be on the same page with your expected prognosis.