Well, it finally happened. Ebenefits updated to PENDING DESICION APPROVAL!

bigfootray06

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Alright. Its been a hell of a journey with everyone here! I love seeing all of the support and advice that everyone gives and recieves graciously.

My Ebenefits finally updated to Pending Desicion Approval. Now, instead of being excited and ready to go like I thought I would be, im an absolute wreck of anxiety. My guts feel like I just spent the night in TJ pounding the local water and burritos.

How long I get my findings back? I know its a stupid question and nobody could possibly know that, but it makes me feel better to type it. Thanks guys and gals.

-Bigfoot

Glad to hear it... Feels good to be moving forward in the system!

What does Pending Decision approval mean??? Mine also says that but I have not been notified about being fit or unfit yet.

It means the VA has sent your package to DoD. Once DoD does its thing the VA will close this claim and open another claim which will request you upload your DD214. My DD-214 was available the day after my retirement date. I download the form from the DoD and minutes later uploaded it to the VA. My first VA payment arrived on schedule. Best wishes.

Anybody know the average time it takes to go from pending decision approval to when you sign for ratings? Navy/USMC

timeline below, air force

Anybody know the average time it takes to go from pending decision approval to when you sign for ratings? Navy/USMC
Mine went to PDA a long time ago...before my "unfit" (package was forwarded to the VA.. (See timeline) Still no ratings. I'm an AD Marine, East coast.

No...unfortunately..the rater decided he needed more info from the hearing exam...the Dr. has until Jan 13th to reply. My msc said that's bs basically (to request more info about hearing, he was a rater) msc also said my peblo is pretty much useless and "You're lucky if you ever get a hold of him." I'm supposed to check back with my MSC in a week. Btw my friend had their notification sent on Nov 24 and they're still waiting..... "Still waiting" is probably the most commonly used words on this site :)

No...unfortunately..the rater decided he needed more info from the hearing exam...the Dr. has until Jan 13th to reply. My msc said that's bs basically (to request more info about hearing, he was a rater) msc also said my peblo is pretty much useless and "You're lucky if you ever get a hold of him." I'm supposed to check back with my MSC in a week. Btw my friend had their notification sent on Nov 24 and they're still waiting..... "Still waiting" is probably the most commonly used words on this site :)

Yea so our Peblos are now MSgt Molina and GySgt Miles at the Naval hospital in Camp Pendleton. They are both on leave and that means that if they are not checking their emails then we are not getting results this week at all. I am getting frustrated with all this BS.

Does anyone have any further updates regarding the PDA notification and the closed claim on eben? Where is my package once I see that notification ? Thank you .

Does anyone have any further updates regarding the PDA notification and the closed claim on eben? Where is my package once I see that notification ? Thank you .
VA sent the package to the PEB

Does anyone have a timeline of when to expect it back ? No one seems to be able to help me on my side . Appreciate anything.

Does anyone have a timeline of when to expect it back ? No one seems to be able to help me on my side . Appreciate anything.

You can call the V.A at 18008271000. Then when it tells you in one or two words say "claim information."

If your stuff is back at the PEB, it could only take 1 to 2 months to get your final ratings.

You are absolutely right on the PEBLO being useless. My claim is sitting awaiting decision approval. I called my PEBLO to find out where exactly I'm at because I want to line up a place to stay and job and all that crap but I can't unless I know I'm being found fit or unfit but NOBODY answers their damn phone.
ou are

So once a unfit package(usually when your first claim in ebenefits goes historical) gets sent from the PEB to the VA, average time for the VA can range from 8-20 days to come up with there findings. As soon as the VA comes back with the "projected rating" for your unfit conditions claimed on the DoD side of the house they will send it back to the PEB. Your Ebenefits, as you know, will not update spontaneously with each action done. Your PEBLO should be able to tell you what your projected ratings are at this point. If your PEBLO is useless, you can call the VA and connect to the people who deal with letters(I forget which option it is?) and request the projected ratings via e-mail/fax. Keep in mind, they will not fax/email you your projected ratings until 10 days from which they sent your package back to the PEB because they may send it by mail beforehand.

Once the PEB reviews the projected ratings and finalize it, they will send it back to your PEBLO. Average time I've been seeing is 40 - 50 days. After you sign your ratings and agree, the next action is for your PEBLO to send your signed copies back to the PEB. The PEB will issue out your index to HQMC. This usually takes 2-4 weeks. Once HQMC receives your index from the PEB they will issue out a EAS date. They usually go with how much leave you have left in the books + PTAD (20 days conus 30days oconus) or if you want your EAS to be adjusted earlier you will have to get a Letter from your COC and correspond it with HQMC. Currently, I am waiting for the PEB to send my index back to HQMC and its been 18 days so far. Hopefully once HQMC receives my index things will start going a lot quicker because IPAC wont start letting me check out until HQMC runs a EAS date. Please keep in mind, that after you sign your findings there is still going to be a month or two before you are able to finally start checking out. Hopefully this helps and please correct me if I'm wrong as most of this information shared is through what I have gone through!

You are absolutely right on the PEBLO being useless. My claim is sitting awaiting decision approval. I called my PEBLO to find out where exactly I'm at because I want to line up a place to stay and job and all that crap but I can't unless I know I'm being found fit or unfit but NOBODY answers their damn phone.

ou are

I decided to just randomly sign on here since I haven't been on in a while. Just wanted to let you know that my MSC was an older and very belligerent no fucks given kind of guy...and he's the one that just blurted out that I was unfit. If you have any questions about anything, I'd be happy to help...I'll sign on a few more times this week.

I decided to just randomly sign on here since I haven't been on in a while. Just wanted to let you know that my MSC was an older and very belligerent no fucks given kind of guy...and he's the one that just blurted out that I was unfit. If you have any questions about anything, I'd be happy to help...I'll sign on a few more times this week.
Got my findings today and signed as well. 0% DoD and 40% VA. Separate with severance pay. Now I've seen the DSP calculated as basex2xyears in service but there's a website floating around on here that tells you how it goes down and it says Joe Schmo is gonna get basex2x6 even though he only served 2 years. Is that a real thing or is that a typo?
My timeline
Case/NMA signed Aug.
PEB accepted package on Oct 23
Historical Claim completed Dec 5-Jan 3
Findings today Jan 18 and signed. New EAS in 15 days told by the PEBLO

Got my findings today and signed as well. 0% DoD and 40% VA. Separate with severance pay. Now I've seen the DSP calculated as basex2xyears in service but there's a website floating around on here that tells you how it goes down and it says Joe Schmo is gonna get basex2x6 even though he only served 2 years. Is that a real thing or is that a typo?
My timeline
Case/NMA signed Aug.
PEB accepted package on Oct 23
Historical Claim completed Dec 5-Jan 3
Findings today Jan 18 and signed. New EAS in 15 days told by the PEBLO

Congrats ! Glad your findings came back and I hope they are what you wanted.

Medical Severence pay is calculated 2(monthly base pay) x years of service = monetary amount.

Once MMSR-4 runs your index's in MCTFS the severance amount will auto-populate into your DD-214 so make sure your outbound clerk selects the drop down box with it under the remarks section while reviewing your 214. If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to ask us here.

Congrats ! Glad your findings came back and I hope they are what you wanted.

Medical Severence pay is calculated 2(monthly base pay) x years of service = monetary amount.

Once MMSR-4 runs your index's in MCTFS the severance amount will auto-populate into your DD-214 so make sure your outbound clerk selects the drop down box with it under the remarks section while reviewing your 214. If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to ask us here.
Do they tax severance pay?