What are the prospective outcomes?

PEB_123

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello, dear fellow Servicemembers, Veterans, and Advocates.

I am being medboarded through the Army. Depressive disorder and general anxiety disorder are my boardable conditions. NO PTSD.

I'll be honest, I had a real suicide attempt (alas, failed) in 2010, and was further hospitalized 4-5 times with psychotic episodes and suicidal attempts.

1. Curious, what are the chances of anybody being retained with these diagnoses?
2. If my medical evidence represents disqualifiquation for retention, what is the minimal VA rating I should be expecting given my unstability and risk of harm to myself?

Thank you for your service and support when I need one.

How long have you been in for and what is your branch? All the Air Force members I have seen have received severance pay, seperation of general under honorable, and kept some or all of their GI Bill. I doubt retrain or retention is likely if your condition is getting worse after the IPEB was turned in, as stated in your other post.

if you receive severance pay through a med board, it is an honorable discharge not a general under honorable

The last one I saw was an Administrative discharge outcome for "Failure to Adapt". The whole it is against the UCMJ to do it. Legal has to look at it and review it closely. But if the MEB finds you stable after treatment and meds, they can take adminstrative action after the MEB clears. Especially for those it is not service/combat related and have less than 8 years. The E3 I saw was in for 12 months and this was his outcome in February. Same for an E5 a few years ago who was a friend of mine. You don't get "in trouble". But the military tries to get you better and get you out.

isnt that for while on active duty? once already out on tdrl. and then separated with severance..they cant turn it into a failure to adapt discharge.

I did answer the question and clarified myself when asked. I did not meantion anything, nor the original question, about a TDRL. You're questioning is confusing me. This is a place to get information. I just don't understand your second statement at all. I answered to help the requester. You're looking too much into it. And I'm not going to argue with you on this thread.

Then state it was a question about you. I was answering someone esle. I don't know anything about what's going on with you. You didn't say anything about you or your case. I'm not psychic. I say again, I'm not arguing with you anymore. Drop it and move on.