What are your Corona virus economic effects?

Guardguy11

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would love to hear from the community as to how you are experiencing this crisis.

- anyone gotten sick?
- anyone lose their jobs?

I believe I will be sent home to telecommute today. Our local economy is already getting wrecked. I can't believe how fast this is going.

I have never been more thankful for VA benefits.

My son opened a small business 1 November 2019. It has been developing a steady customer base.

Now this.

I have my doubts about the future of his business, which had been his dream for years.

Fortunately, none of my family are ill.

Ron

No one ill yet, but my wife’s business have turned to almost nothing.

This has really crushed retail and restaurants Im flying out this weekend I got the whole toolkit (mask, hand sanitizer, gloves, lysol wipes) no one sick yet. Keep it pushing. i have to give it to the medical facilities and the few places that are open I ALWAYS see someone cleaning and wiping things down.

Zero effect on me, but my income is VA/retirement/SSDI and my wife es income is AGR. I did take some steps toward what I call “food security”. We have 1.5 cattle in the freezer and just bought 2 more steers on the hoof, we have 10 chickens, 3 ducks and 5 quail... 2 goats, they aren’t for food but for weedeating... but if things got bad we could eat them. Also getting ready to plant a garden, lots of potatoes, carrots, beans, apple, peach, plum trees, blueberry and blackberry bushes, etc. we have a small farm and we’re not afraid to use it! I can’t grow toilet paper, but I can grow lots of veggies, beef, eggs.

Zero effect on me, but my income is VA/retirement/SSDI and my wife es income is AGR. I did take some steps toward what I call “food security”. We have 1.5 cattle in the freezer and just bought 2 more steers on the hoof, we have 10 chickens, 3 ducks and 5 quail... 2 goats, they aren’t for food but for weedeating... but if things got bad we could eat them. Also getting ready to plant a garden, lots of potatoes, carrots, beans, apple, peach, plum trees, blueberry and blackberry bushes, etc. we have a small farm and we’re not afraid to use it! I can’t grow toilet paper, but I can grow lots of veggies, beef, eggs.
You are well prepared.

I foresee the income for my son and daughter-in-law dwindling to zero.

Fortunately, my income is static (for now) and includes CRSC: VA comp @ SMC-S; Social Security; and a pension from a state university. I can cover their expenses as needed.

We have a cat. I use "we" since I am in charge of litter box maintenance when they are out of town.

:)

Ron

So far so good. My wife and I are both state employees . Plus, what I get from DOD, VA, CRSC and a residual check I get from my former employer.