what does Preparation for Decision mean?

tony292

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
My enbennies status just moved to Preparation for decision. The PEB has already found me unfit but awaiting percentages from DRAS. how long after 'prep for decision" does the PEB actually get and move on the ratings?

From my personal experience, Prep for Decision meant that a VA rater was assigned to my claim and actively working it. A few days later, my status went to Pending Decision Approval, indicating that my rating proposal was forwarded back to the PEB. These status updates and their implications were verified by the VA.

My packet was sent to VA for Ratings 2 days after yours. I'd appreciate if you kept us informed on your progress

My MEBR was submitted to the PEB on 30 Jan 15, so we are all in the same ball park.

My packet was received by the VA on 24 Feb 15 so I'm interested to follow your timeline as well.

I too am interested in your timelines. My packet was also received by the VA on 24FEB15. Today I logged in and my status had changed to "Preparation for Decision.

YAY!! Congrats. Giving me hope :D what VA location are your ratings coming from? bigrob82

Thank you! I hope the light at the end of the tunnel is geeting brighter. Going thru the Seattle office. MissKac

Awesome, me too! How many conditions did you claim (if you don't mind me asking?)

Saweeeet!!! For my MEB/PEB only 1 condition and the VA side was around 20.

Hello all, just to give you some hope, I received my Unfit memo 12 January 2015, I got my proposed ratings yesterday (6 March) with my DA 199, (Board Convened 4 March), 10% Army, 60% VA, I agreed and my PEBLO told me I should hear something this week from transition, she also gave me the number to call transitions, they told me that I could get my "No later than" date this week, with my leave I would potentially start clearing the week after next.

Status changed to "Preparation for Decision" !!!!

Status changed (same day) to Pending Decision Approval!!!

Awesome!! Great news. Sounds like you check ebennies as much as I do... Did you try looking at the VA letters for a %

VA letters?!

Mine has been sitting at prep for decision for two weeks now... Shows how hit or miss this process can be.

Yeah when you first log into ebennies on the main page under "Manage Benefits" there is a icon that says VA letters. Click that and then under step 2 click either Benefit Summary or Benefit Verification. That should show you your disability %.

tony292- I called the VA today to see about mine that still sits in "prep for decision." The lady who I talked to said mine was actually already and was awaiting a second signature. She refused to tell me what my proposed rating was though.

"We are unable to locate records in VA files indicating eligibility for the VA letters that are currently provided in this on-line service. Please call the National Call Center at 1-800-827-1000 if you need additional information"

Guess I'll be calling.

The VA doesn't always upload documentation to be viewable through the "VA Letters" page, at least not while in IDES. I've received my ratings already and on ebenefits there are no VA Letters. I get the same message as MissKac.

YOU wont get your final ratings from the VA till a few months after your separate from service . If the military retires you you will get military retirement till you VA payments kick in .