What exactly does this mean?

jsigler08

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I received my ratings last week (Thursday), I was rated 10% DOD and 70% VA. I am okay with these findings but as I read my paperwork I noticed the DOD finding specified "WITH Severance pay WITHOUT benefits." I am assuming this means that since I was rated below 30% I do not qualify for the retirement benefits (base priveleges/commissary/tricare for life), which is okay by me. I just want to know what "without benefits" means before I sign my paperwork. My PEBLO is a pain the rear to get ahold of and with the recent power outages in SoCal a lot of workplaces on base are shutdown. Can anyone here provide some information?

It means w/o DoD retirement benefits. Are you sure none of the other VA rated conditions contributed to unfitness?

Mike

It means w/o DoD retirement benefits. Are you sure none of the other VA rated conditions contributed to unfitness?

Mike

I do believe that some of my VA rated conditions contributed to my unfit finding. I am in the process of seeking legal counsel before I decide what route I want to take.

Yes, one of those condition could make you eligible for disability retirement.

Mike