18Jan: referred to MEB
22Jan: VA receives compensation claim
23Jan- QTC exams
April 03- receive Completed VA exams. Ebennies updates to “prep for decision”
April 15- MEB completed, signed NARSUM, sent to PEB
April 16- PEB receives package
June 14- called PEB who informed me I was found unfit and sent to VA
June 17- VA received claim from PEB
July-10- VA claim status updates to “pending decision approval”. Called VA who informed me my ratings were sent back to the PEB
July 11- new claim appeared and was closed
July 12- PEB receives package from VA
July 22- PEBLO sends me final board ratings

I got 40% DOD and 100 % VA

As far as retirement goes, what happens next ? Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to receive a retirement date ?

As far as retirement goes, what happens next ? Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to receive a retirement date ?
Hello,

1. The amount of your 40% retired pay will be reduced by the amount of VA compensation received. This likely leaves zero retired pay in your case.

2. CRSC information is available at CRSC LINK <----

3. The administrative procedures remaining in your situation are unknown to me (I did not have a disability retirement).

Ron

Hello,

1. The amount of your 40% retired pay will be reduced by the amount of VA compensation received. This likely leaves zero retired pay in your case.

2. CRSC information is available at CRSC LINK <----

3. The administrative procedures remaining in your situation are unknown to me (I did not have a disability retirement).

Ron
Thank you.

VA- 3057.13
DOD- 3656 x .40= 1462.4

Do I subtract these two numbers ? Or how does DOD retirement pay and VA compensation pay work together ?

Thank you.

VA- 3057.13
DOD- 3656 x .40= 1462.4

Do I subtract these two numbers ? Or how does DOD retirement pay and VA compensation pay work together ?
IF your high three average base pay is 3656 and your DoD disability percentage is 40%:
3656 x 0.40 = retired pay 1462.40

1462.40 minus VA compensation => 1462.40 = zero retired pay
You receive: 3057.13 VA comp

Ron

Here’s my timeline first.

18Jan: referred to MEB
22Jan: VA receives compensation claim
23Jan- QTC exams
April 03- receive Completed VA exams. Ebennies updates to “prep for decision”
April 15- MEB completed, signed NARSUM, sent to PEB
April 16- PEB receives package
June 14- called PEB who informed me I was found unfit and sent to VA
June 17- VA received claim from PEB
July-10- VA claim status updates to “pending decision approval”. Called VA who informed me my ratings were sent back to the PEB
July 11- new claim appeared and was closed
July 12- PEB receives package from VA
July 22- PEBLO sends me final board ratings

Wowowow, I have heard it takes PERS 2-4 weeks to generate separation/retirement orders. Some things you might need to be thinking about....did you complete TGPS (nobody leaves without completing)? There should be a message that has your ratings and pertinent dates....does your command have that message? That will be the basis for terminal, house hunting, etc. A lot of this process is between the command CPC and PSD, so my experience with those entities is nothing but pain.

Where are you located? I am located in Norfolk (at Portsmouth), and my claim also closed on 11 JUL and was at PEB on 12 JUL.

Wowowow, I have heard it takes PERS 2-4 weeks to generate separation/retirement orders. Some things you might need to be thinking about....did you complete TGPS (nobody leaves without completing)? There should be a message that has your ratings and pertinent dates....does your command have that message? That will be the basis for terminal, house hunting, etc. A lot of this process is between the command CPC and PSD, so my experience with those entities is nothing but pain.

Where are you located? I am located in Norfolk (at Portsmouth), and my claim also closed on 11 JUL and was at PEB on 12 JUL.
Thanks for the info. I literally just got the email from my PEBLO yesterday. Going to call him this morning to go over everything. I was told my case would be with the PEB a total of 23 days before it got to my PEBLO. But it was more like 10. So it went quick. I’m in upstate NY. Went through Groton.