What I thought was my last C&P Exam

LawnDart_78

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello Everyone,

I have officially referred to the MEB over two months ago for chronic back problems. I have had chronic back pain with nerve pain/tingliness in my legs. This has been an ongoing issue for about 11 years. I underwent a multi-level spinal fusion surgery earlier in the year. I have also had multiple TBIs (from bad jumps and an MVA) but I was not referred to the MEB for TBI. Anyway, I underwent 4 separate C&P exams and I thought the C&P exams were complete on 18 Aug. I just found out that the person who did my TBI exam (on 18 Aug) referred me for another exam for "Vertigo" and the exam is about 60 miles from my house in late September. Is this a bad thing? Does this mean nothing has been done with my NARSUM creation and the process since my last exam on 18 Aug? I have over 20 years TIS and am not overly concerned with my ratings. I just want to be treated fairly by the VA and Army folks and get rated appropriately for the injuries and long-term damage obtained from my 20-plus years in service. My main concern is obtaining post-military employment and having some type of predictability in my service separation. I was originally told that I might be able to start my retirement leave/PTDY between Dec and March. Is this still possible? For what it's worth, I am at Bragg. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

It's a possibility, sure. Just remember, though, we do have the holidays coming. Anything that doesn't get done by Thanksgiving will probably carry well over into January

Adding another question for the group.

Does the MEB/PEB consider formal job offers as a means to expedite the process? I was initially told the avg timeline is 6 to 8 months and I had planned my post-military career accordingly. I have received a formal job offer from a defense contractor. I was hoping to be complete with the between mid-Dec and mid-Feb. If that is the case then I will have no issues picking up my job offer. Otherwise, I might lose this opportunity.